Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing i do not like about the G35 is it has Xenon lights with regular hallogen fogs and clearance lights.. So I took it apon myself the get them replaced.. So I got the recomended bulb wattages for the ultra white clearance and the fake Xenon hi/low.. Went to install them and saw it was impossible so if you guys are going to do this bring it to the dealer to do. For theft reasons you have to take most of the nose off in order to get the lights out.. It coast me 45 beans and when i got it back WOW what a differance in the look.. No more ugly brown light.. hehe just to let you guys know..

Next project Tint and replaceing the side markers with clear 1's

2003.5 G35 SC
Black/Black 6MT
Navy/Leather/Aero

·
Registered
40 Posts
You don't need to take the nose off to get to the lights. You have to go through the wheel wells. I hear that after you do one light and see what the process is, it's a cinch to do.

http://ns1.columbusinteractive.com/G35/light/

there are some instructions I've found on freshalloy.

2003.5 6MT Black/Graphite Coupe Premium Aero

·
Registered
230 Posts
you can put any type of H4 bulb in place of the Fogs, I recommend:

PIAA H4 60/55W (135/125w. output) Xtreme White Hyper Bulb - H4 PART#PIA-15260

PIAA 168 LED High Intensity Wedge Bulb - 168 Universal Applications: PART#PIA-19263

Also, check out RacerWheel.Com - its where I found the cheapest prices.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
i picked up my h4 12v 60/55w lights at my job with my nifty discount for 9 dollars :) they are made by eurolite, XENON SUPER PLASMA, how good are these? i plan on putting them in after work tommorrow, please let me know before i open them!

<font face="Verdana"><center>2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan : Brilliant Silver : Black Leather : Premium Package : Auto
View my car at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/440604/</center></font id="Verdana">

·
Registered
869 Posts
I will be ordering a set of hi/lo philips H4 HID's for the fog/hi beams. I just want to make sure the color temperature is not too different. Does anyone know for sure what the regular operationg color temperature of Nissan's 2003 HID's are?

---------------
AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]
'03.5 6MT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Graphite Leather | Premium | Aero | Heated Seats

·
Registered
366 Posts
So my question to everyone is: Which replacement bulbs have you found to be brightest? Anyone try any colors? Which ones and where did you place them?

Thanks!
[:D]

·
Registered
328 Posts
brightest isnt the issue for most people...most people want matching fogs and HIDs...from my research the Catz Aqua Whites match the best and im using PIAA Xtreme whites in clearance and corners.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">where did you place them?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
um...in the light socket?! me be berry berry cornfused by the question.

'03 G35 Coupe | Black on Black | Premium | 20% tint | Clear Corners http://www.cardomain.com/id/dabomb3

·
Registered
328 Posts
oh and yes that was a waste of $45
cause it took me less than 45min to change both clearance lights and im not a car person at all...and if i had replacement fogs at the time, it would have added no time to change those too.

'03 G35 Coupe | Black on Black | Premium | 20% tint | Clear Corners http://www.cardomain.com/id/dabomb3

·
Registered
366 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dabomb

brightest isnt the issue for most people...most people want matching fogs and HIDs...from my research the Catz Aqua Whites match the best and im using PIAA Xtreme whites in clearance and corners.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">where did you place them?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
um...in the light socket?! me be berry berry cornfused by the question.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sorry, I should have clarified...Who put COLORED lights on their ride and where did you place the COLORED lights? Anyone put any different colors in the interior?

[dunno]

·
Registered
106 Posts
eh i have purple fogs in, i should have put blue ones in... im too lazy to take them out now; i wont really use em... do u all drive with ur fogs on?>

·
Registered
97 Posts
yeah you definately dont' have to get the dealer to do it... I changed out all my bulbs (except for the xenons) on my own... took me about 45 min to do everything...

-no sig this time

·
Registered
649 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AznShodan

yeah you definately dont' have to get the dealer to do it... I changed out all my bulbs (except for the xenons) on my own... took me about 45 min to do everything...

-no sig this time

</font id="blue">Very nice match, Azn. Which bulbs did you go with?<font color="blue">

·
Registered
106 Posts
hey can u tell me if i should change the blue one out?
like today i was going to get blue ones for clear corners but they didnt have them so i picked up white like all you guys... should i change it? or should i go with my original and easier plan and just changing the clear corner to blue?

·
Registered
30 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by InFiDsG35

One thing i do not like about the G35 is it has Xenon lights with regular hallogen fogs and clearance lights.. So I took it apon myself the get them replaced.. So I got the recomended bulb wattages for the ultra white clearance and the fake Xenon hi/low.. Went to install them and saw it was impossible so if you guys are going to do this bring it to the dealer to do. For theft reasons you have to take most of the nose off in order to get the lights out.. It coast me 45 beans and when i got it back WOW what a differance in the look.. No more ugly brown light.. hehe just to let you guys know..

Next project Tint and replaceing the side markers with clear 1's

2003.5 G35 SC
Black/Black 6MT
Navy/Leather/Aero
I know what you mean...I did the job myself, not too hard took about 20 minutes here some pics of mine with MTEC H4's and Piaa extreme whites in the clearance strip and corners

Download Attachment: pic001rev.jpg
26.91KB

Download Attachment: pic002rev.jpg
26.87KB

Download Attachment: pic009rev.jpg
14.55KB

Download Attachment: pic013rev.jpg
15.35KB

04 cpe ivory pearl/willow/5at/prem/sport wheel pkgclear corners/Piaa's

1 - 20 of 21 Posts