Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an email from MSN Auto saying there is a recall on "SOME" G35 Coupes regarding the Brake Light Switch. According to MSN Auto, only those owners notified by Infiniti via snail mail have the problem!!

Apparently the switch may fail during braking and may not operate the rear brake lights causing your beautiful G to get rear-ended!!

Has anyone received notification from Infiniti that in fact there is a recall and which VIN's are involved[bigeyes]??

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I received the notice, but my dealer had already replaced it when I took it in for my first oil change. Not sure which VINs are involved though. I'd just call your service department and ask about it.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Ken...

I'll check it out!!

I like the de-badging....Took a lot of guts!!!

How??

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Pretty simple to debadge... I just posted instrux at the end of that last thread, but here it is again:

1. Heat a letter with a hair dryer for approx 30 seconds (or longer if you really want to make sure)
2. Use dental floss and gently "floss" the letter off
3. Peel off excess glue with finger (careful, it's probably still hot from the hair dryer)
4. Repeat for next letter.

Fairly painless and simple. I have heard some reports of others damaging their paint though, so just be careful. Mine came off with no problems at all.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just saw your "How-To" on the other thread...

Thanks for being so patient!!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I received it and they called me. I got it fixed and while I was at it, I had them swap out the window piece that caused the grease streaks, the bushing that caused the hard right pull, the little plastic piece that held to wire for the passenger seat release and I had them reapply Accumate which I believe is the craptacular paint sealant I didn't even know I had.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
semi, how much of that stuff did you have to pay for or was most of it comped?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
All of it was under warranty.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dealer told me that the brake light switch problem only affected the high center brake light, and not the lower pair. Of course, I'm not positive that he was telling the truth...

and I do like the de-badged look, but am too cowardly to try it.

Skip Barber Graduate

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Dealer told me that the brake light switch problem only affected the high center brake light, and not the lower pair. Of course, I'm not positive that he was telling the truth...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Actually, this would explain something I noticed before having the work done. I got a photo radar ticket a few weeks ago and it looked like I was braking in the picture, but I couldn't see the center light. I thought perhaps I wasn't braking at all and the lights in the rear were reflecting the flash but it may have been that the light was out...

Interesting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts