Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tinted their 6MT yet? I am wondering if the rear window can be done as one piece and NOT have the brake light area cut out. I believe the rear dash or at least the brake light must be removeable for this to happen. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Diamond Graphite/Diamond Graphite 6MT SC

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot
http://www.6mt.net/images/gallery/gsuirvin01.jpg
It looks like they did it in one piece here.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I have a coupe with aero package and there is no brake light in the rear window as it is on the spoiler. The above quoted photo shows a coupe with spoiler, so they probably had an easy time tinting the rear in one piece.

Jim
6MTCoupe/DesertPlatinum/Graph/Prem/Nav/Aero

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I am guessing that this means the rear dash brake light is removeable, unless they make a separate rear dash for models with a spoiler.

·
Registered
72 Posts
g35md, you're right. Since I got the spoiler there was no brake light in the rear window and the installer did do the back window in one piece.

'03 platinum coupe

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by gsuIrvin

g35md, you're right. Since I got the spoiler there was no brake light in the rear window and the installer did do the back window in one piece.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I wish they would have done that with my sedan. I have both, and the tint was put around the brake light in the rear window. I wonder if it's a state law thing or a coupe/sedan thing. Any sedan owners out there with a spoiler and no rear window brake light?

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had my Coupe done. One piece, You have to take the rear top piece in the trunk apart to get to the brake light. Looks great

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
g35mt6 - do you mean the rear dash (via the interior of the car) or something in the trunk? Did you remove the light alone or the entire rear dash? Thanks for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts