Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha!

I've recently purchased an '09 G37S 6MT Convertible and it's totally rocking my socks off.

I've noticed two things about the car that the owner's manual doesn't seem to answer and I'm hoping some of you more familiar with this car may be able to weigh in with some answers.

First, both of the back seats have two little, spring-loaded "buttons" on the wall. When I test drove a 2013 IPL, the salesman (who was a complete idiot) casually told me these were window controls. The ones in my car do not control the windows or seemingly anything else. What the heck are they for? My best guess is that they're mounting points for a wind deflector. . .

Second, when I open my trunk with either the fob, trunk button, or inside cabin button, the trunk with unlatch, but makes no noticeable attempt to pop open. I have to manually muscle it up. The gas struts hold it open once it's there, but there is no automatic or assisted opening that I notice. Is this the normal condition or is something awry with my trunk mechanism?

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Aloha!

I've recently purchased an '09 G37S 6MT Convertible and it's totally rocking my socks off.

I've noticed two things about the car that the owner's manual doesn't seem to answer and I'm hoping some of you more familiar with this car may be able to weigh in with some answers.
I just got my 2013 6MT 'vert less than a month ago, and it's still rocking my socks off, despite a slightly rough start to its life.

Aloha!
First, both of the back seats have two little, spring-loaded "buttons" on the wall. When I test drove a 2013 IPL, the salesman (who was a complete idiot) casually told me these were window controls. The ones in my car do not control the windows or seemingly anything else. What the heck are they for? My best guess is that they're mounting points for a wind deflector. . .
Yep, that's exactly what they're for. And if the salesman wasn't pulling your leg when he said they were window controls, he really WAS an idiot.

Aloha!
Second, when I open my trunk with either the fob, trunk button, or inside cabin button, the trunk with unlatch, but makes no noticeable attempt to pop open. I have to manually muscle it up. The gas struts hold it open once it's there, but there is no automatic or assisted opening that I notice. Is this the normal condition or is something awry with my trunk mechanism?

Thanks!
And that's exactly what mine does - brand new off the lot. I'm assuming that because of all the complicated hardtop stuff, they had no easy way to also have a sprung/counterweighted trunk lid, and just left it up to the user to lift. Considering how incredibly useless the trunk is when the top's down, you're better off getting used to just tossing any "luggage" in the back seat anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Thanks for the response.

And yes, that salesman really was not smart. It was pretty apparent he doesn't sell a lot of convertibles, but he tried to play it off like he knew all about the car. It was pretty clear I knew more about it than he did. That probably should have been a clue to not trust him, but maybe I'm the dumb one, since I ordered a 2013 through him. . .which he eventually couldn't supply, but that's another whole sordid story. . .

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
I think today's car buyers (many of us/them) are so well researched that we often know more about the vehicle we want to purchase than most of the sales staff. Mainly, their 'job' is to help us through the purchase process but they ought not be bullsh*tting us when they don't know an answer.

Any type of sales I did handled those situations as; " Gee, I'm not sure. Let's go look it up and find out". People have a lot more respect for someone who can be upfront and not be a know-it-all anyways. In sales, customers like to know as much or more to impress others sometimes. It's not a bad thing to play along and feed their ego's most of time. :)

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,487 Posts
That's usually the way it is with every major purchase. I research it so much that I usually know more than the salesman.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
I use the same relentless tactic looking for the best prices and user reviews of the items.

My next gadget purchase will be a part-home or larger room air purifier. Some have UV in addition to other features but I'm staying away from the ion generator type. Most are rated as HEPA or TRUE HEPA filtration with a variety of other filters- usually 2 other types and add other features from there.
I'm just looking at cleaning up indoor air some, especially when sleeping. I'm thinking a slightly over-size room rating will be better b/c lower fan speed = lower noise and use 7-10 watts. My wife has some slight effects related to allergies, somewhat seasonal so it may help.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Propaddict-

That top one is a great picture of the vert. Really like the colors and the car off-set from center -- nice car/nice photo !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Propaddict-

That top one is a great picture of the vert. Really like the colors and the car off-set from center -- nice car/nice photo !
Thanks. It was from my first attempt at a photo shoot with the new wheels. I definitely learned a bit from the mixed results I got (chief among them being "don't do a sunset shoot on the east side of the island"), but I think I got a couple good shots.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,487 Posts
That's a nice pic. If you like photography, we have a thread for random pics members take of anything and would like to share. It's in the off topic section somewhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts