Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a detector that won't bust your wallet and looks great in the G!

Cobra Model# ESD-9110

Has a "Brushed Aluminum" body that matches pretty close to "Titanium"
Not perfect...but looks good...comes with straight cord which you can bury between movable dashboard and vent... Power supply, right there below for a nicely wrapped black cord to dissappear (with graphite interior, N/A with Willow).

Works very well!! Tested it with a cop who works at my company p/t doing security..Detects 10 bands QUICKLY...guy had his radar gun and we tested it all sorts of ways for some free pizza!!

Nice detector for the G[rockon]...Window mount!! Don't put a gui sticker on your dash!!!

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
sure it may look great. but you will have better luck looking for radar with your eyes than with that thing.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take."

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's saved my ass already!!

5-0 was hiding behind bushes in the dark, sprayed guy in front of me, thing went beserk...slowed down...No tix...(Avoided a 50 in a 35!)

Of course had I been first and he sprayed me...another story...[smoking]

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero

·
Registered
336 Posts
All I know is that the range on those cobras is very poor. the only way they get people to buy them is by marketing them with nice colors (titanium). My advice is to sell it to some goof on ebay for 20 bucks and go looking for a V1 or passport 8500. I trust mine only because Im more than 30 for 30 when picking up radar b4 its too late.

·
Registered
46 Posts
In general, you get what you pay for. Even if this wasn't the case, I would rather pay the extra price now as insurance rather than later as a ticket. Valentine 1 and never going back (my others are now collecting dust in the closet).

·
Registered
57 Posts
I dunno abour the cobra...
I live in canada, where (like in WashDC or Virginia) radar detectors are illegal (they can be destroyed by police officers and the fine is 500-1k $).
I'm looking for a radar detector detector... the only one I found is the beltronics STI... it is supposed to be truly undetectable...

What i'm wondering is... can a radar detector (even the best one) REALLY avoid me getting tickets... i.e. can it be worth the 445.00 USD it actually cost to purchase this detector?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I dunno abour the cobra...
I live in canada, where (like in WashDC or Virginia) radar detectors are illegal (they can be destroyed by police officers and the fine is 500-1k $).
I'm looking for a radar detector detector... the only one I found is the beltronics STI... it is supposed to be truly undetectable...

What i'm wondering is... can a radar detector (even the best one) REALLY avoid me getting tickets... i.e. can it be worth the 445.00 USD it actually cost to purchase this detector?
Well yeah, if it saves you from one ticket it pretty much pays for itself. (One saturday of your life and $150 +/-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts