Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
obvisouly the ferrari (360 modena spder) smoked me, but i did pass him once cause he got stuck in traffic.[:D] the rx7 was so close, i got to 140mph and then he backed down, i dont know if he stopped or not, but i passed his ass, then i slowed down again he tried to race again but i was low on gas and needed to exit i-75.....[boxing] the G is pretty stable at 140, but u can defenetly feel it, not like when ur at a 100 which u cant even tell.[pimp]i felt like one bad mother fucker at 140.....

thanxs alot guys, any comments or help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
54 Posts
140 is smoking fast. those rx-7's are quick, great job.

2003.5 6MT | premium package | Nav | aero | DP+willow

·
Registered
316 Posts
Did the governor kick in at 140 or did you just decide that was fast enough? I’ve taken mine up to 130, but that’s when I saw the cop on the side of the road and hit the brakes. Love those Brembos; he didn’t even notice me.[8D]

- Desperately seeking a nice wood dash kit for my black 6MT.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i started to pass the rx-7, he gave up and so did i, but ive read the governor doesnt kick in till 156mph, i havent tested it yet, hard to find a place when u can reach 156 and not get arrested![boink]

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Would aligator alley be a good place? I flew over it on my way to the bahamas, and it looks like a good straight empty road. I could be totaly wrong, but I just thought I would suggest it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dunno, never heard of it to be honest, i think a good place is I-75 at like 5-6a.m. its so wide and empty, and long.....in case i started to lose control or something i would still stay on the road. only problem is COPS, i wish i had a radio so i could hear what they were saying, like in fast and the furious.......

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Aligator Alley, never heard of it! I have and I live in Atlanta, a straight road across the south part of Florida. I think that is even the road they stopped those guys they thought were terrorists that the waitress reported. It is now called I75, runs fron Naples to Fort Lauderdale.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Yeah, I just looked it up on Mapquest. It is I-75. The part where it goes across from Naples to Ft. Lauderdale.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by viczeva

i dunno, never heard of it to be honest, i think a good place is I-75 at like 5-6a.m. its so wide and empty, and long.....in case i started to lose control or something i would still stay on the road. only problem is COPS, i wish i had a radio so i could hear what they were saying, like in fast and the furious.......

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

get a Bearcat BC7, I hear that it is one of the best CB radios to pick up on "smokey" talk

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take."

·
Registered
85 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by viczeva

but ive read the governor doesnt kick in till 156mph, i havent tested it yet, hard to find a place when u can reach 156 and not get arrested![boink]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

or get your a$$ killed[crazy]

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint...cause I'm broke." - Anonymous

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by JustAnotherCivic

but ive read the governor doesnt kick in till 156mph, i havent tested it yet, hard to find a place when u can reach 156 and not get arrested![boink]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

or get your a$$ killed[crazy]

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint...cause I'm broke." - Anonymous

[xx(]YEAH thought of that too...[bigeyes]at 140 i was a litle scared, the car seems very unstable

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

[xx(]YEAH thought of that too...[bigeyes]at 140 i was a litle scared, the car seems very unstable

that is funny, I found my coupe to be quite stable at all speeds, including when the speedo read 152. I was doing 135 for a good 90 seconds or so on the way home from florida yesterday and could change lanes quite comfortably...

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take."

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rlipps

that is funny, I found my coupe to be quite stable at all speeds, including when the speedo read 152. I was doing 135 for a good 90 seconds or so on the way home from florida yesterday and could change lanes quite comfortably...

u got to 152? wow im impressed, but im gonna go out right now and get to 153....[finger]

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

u got to 152? wow im impressed, but im gonna go out right now and get to 153....[finger]

haha, i didnt mean to start a contest. I was just stating my own opinion from my own experience... if you go and try to hit "153" (probably won't be actually 153 mph due to speedo error) make sure that you are very careful and have a lot of open road. speeds like that can be intimidating if you arent used to them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rlipps

haha, i didnt mean to start a contest. I was just stating my own opinion from my own experience... if you go and try to hit "153" (probably won't be actually 153 mph due to speedo error) make sure that you are very careful and have a lot of open road. speeds like that can be intimidating if you arent used to them.

thanx alot man, i was gonna try it but i tottaly forgot....when u did it, whgat road where u on?[cheers]

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I-10 between pensacola and new orleans

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
A fast road is GA400, the average speed during non rush hour traffic is about 80-85 mph. I have done short blasts at speeds of over 160 on occasion.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
hmmm.. sounds interesting, where would GA400 happen to be?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

A fast road is GA400, the average speed during non rush hour traffic is about 80-85 mph. I have done short blasts at speeds of over 160 on occasion.

the average speed at 1-75 is the same or higher, i always go higher...i could really do it there cause the road is so wide and straight, but then again my problem is not the road or if i have the balls, its the COPS who have nothing better to do than give me a ticket, lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts