Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today after work me and a friend finally ended up at a light together. He has a 2001 or 2002 Bullitt Mustang. He got me, but it was very close. For a car that is 280hp and 320 torque, I was surprised at how close it was. When the light turned green, I had a better start than him, but he was able to pull on me. I ended up having a wheel on his door and it was even from there. He went into third fairly slow, so I gained a little back on him, but other than that it was fairly even. Now all I have to do is figure out how to give my car a little more low end grunt. Will replacing the camshaft do that???? Just thought I would share and thanks for any help with the low end problem.

'03 G35 6MT Black Obsidian/Graph/Aero/Prem/Clear side markers/Drilled aluminum pedals/Sirius SAT

GFG1-5's on the way

·
Registered
427 Posts
A lot of your torque will be generated from ur exhaust side. also if there is a way to get more air into the cylinders in the low range that will improve your torque but pretty much for now were stuck. I dont think any company has come out with camshafts for the Z or our car yet that would allow us to put in more air. You can always supercharge it if u have the money but then u have to check out ur internals to see if they can withstand the pressure change and so on.

2003 G35C / 6mt / DG & Willow Leather / Nav / Premium / Aero / ETA 5 Months, Maybe 1.5 weeks?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I still don't understand how did he get you. Because I raced a 99 Mustange Cobra 2 weeks ago and I smoke the ***** out of him like a California blunt. He couldn't even get close to me on top speed. Try to race your friend again and I'm sure that you'll smoke him.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I'm a bit surprised you didn't smoke him too. He's only got a couple extra horsepower over the normal 4.6L V8 in the GT.

The only real difference between a GT and a Bullit is intake, suspension and brakes plus a bit more retro styling.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Next time post in the "Racing" Forum. It keeps things better organized this way. Thanks.

| 6MT Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | Navi | Alum. Peds | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.