Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there has an "R" order and a status? I was told by my dealer that my ETA now is August with no specific date. Original ETA was late this month.

SSF, CA

·
Registered
77 Posts
nope, I got my f order back in May. but your experience is kind of odd. my original date of delivery was 6/10, and my dealer said to expect it earlier by about ten days. they beat it by 26 days arriving instead on may 15. and I was told that wasn't too unusual.

so, I'd assume you may be getting some hangup in the '03 to '04 crossover period. maybe? in any event, it's worth the wait. you know, deferred gratification of the middle classes and all that stuff? it's a great car and if you have none of the serious probs mentioned by some posters, you will enjoy the heck out of it.

drive on and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an "R" order also.
I got a call about a week ago with my VIN number and an update on the location of the car as "somewhere on a boat".

Apparently, it has left Japan already... they said that in 7-10 days (which is around now) that the car would arrive here in port (perhaps Long Beach) and would take about a week more to clear and head to the dealer.

So... that means about a week I think. The dealer said the official ETA was 7/31 butthat it will probably arrive 1-2 weeks earlier.

So... we'll see! :)

This is in SoCal, BTW.

--KoalaFD--

1994 Mazda RX-7 (+++mods)
1997 Audi A4 1.8TQ (+mods)
2003 Infiniti G35 6MT (ETA 7/03)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info all. According to my dealer they won't know till they get some kind of report next week. Perhaps I'll get my VIN then. BTW, I am in San Francisco.

·
Registered
254 Posts
How do you guys feel about the fact that you will be receiving a 2003 model right before the 2004's come out? That isn't usually too good from a depreciation standpoint[banghead]

CMEGOBYU
03.5s Pearl, Sport, Prem, Aero

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Not too big a deal. I plan on having this car for a pretty long time, so I'll worry about the resale value when the time comes.[:D] I was also wondering about the 2003.5 thing. Do they really call them 2003.5s or is that just what people are calling them? Since there are less, maybe 50 years from now they'll be really hard to find.[dunno]

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too, have an "R" order, and got my VIN# today. As this will be a car for my wife, I can't wait to "break it in" for her in the next few weeks. I don't mind that it will be a 2003.5, as a few of my favorite cars I own are 37 & 38 years old. There are a few cars I have that are very special to me, and I can see the G35 belonging to that club. I have not been this excited about any new car I have purchased since 1986 (and I still have that one as well)[^]

2003 G35C6mt

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can you guys tell me what the differences are between the "R" model and the "F" model. I don't know and I want to before i place my order for the 04. Thanks!

Klawria D' Notrub

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone who experienced the april/may production failure, please contact me regarding this situation. Possible legal actions are being discussed as well as some incentives/rebates some like myself are supposed to receive. There are supposedly ~349 of you out there, please contact me [email protected] PLease do not use this forum use my email regarding this, we do not want any confidential info going out on the net ahead of any remediation with Infinity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts