Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im out for a sat drive in the hill country. enjoying myself with the dogs in the backseat. i see a couple of charcoal S2Ks in front of me, so i do some weaving and get up with them. i end in b/w them. so when the traffic opens up on 620, the car behind, decides that he wants to get back in formation. blows by me and then slows down. so i slow down to let him get in front. so he slows down some more. ok, he wants to get it on. he gets beside me and shoots me a wave. he was with prolly the best looking girl that i have seen since ive been here. she wasnt white, she wasnt black, she was "other", if you know what i mean. absolutely dime status...........but i digress.
anyway, i look down to see how fast we're going. around 60, so 3rd gear should do. i downshift and wait. he punches and then so do i. he gets the jump but i immediately get it back and then he's back in my blindspot. shift to fourth and i pull a little more. i will say that with the aftermarket exhaust that he had on it, it sounded incredible. we pull up on the other honda at about 110, so i slow hard. he raises his hands with the thumbs up. good run. i get beside him and we exchange cordialities (is that a word?). so on the street i am 3-1-1. and the one loss was a bad one..............9 sec supra

Doc

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
What kind of G do you drive Rick?

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yeah I would not mess with Turboed Supras. Those things are FAST cars...check out my friends on his site...over 800HP and it looks BONE STOCK and is his daily driver. www.lilviv.com

Congrats on the S2000 win. That car is so tiny and light I figured he would pull a G on the highway. I raced a M series Z3 Hatchback coming back from Austin on I-10 from about a 40punch...he schooled me bad! That little car is so damn light...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i met lilviv at performance motorsports. i also met kean (car pictured) there a couple of weeks ago. kean is a mad scientist. i talked to him and chris about a 1st gen GS300 project that i am thinking about[bigeyes] supras are bad ass. 1500 dollars worth of mods and your putting down 400 to the wheels.[bowdown] i really didnt know what to expect from the S2K. but i am glad about the outcome. btw, i have a 6MT coupe. chaz, you live in austin? we have to get together sometime.......

Doc

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
No not anymore Dr.Rick. I live in Houston now. I graduated from UT last May and found a job working for a software company here in West. Houston. I do go back to Austin frequently though. I take it you're in Austin? Yeah Kean is one bad mofo with his ride man. He has mad money to dump into it also...which helps. I know Vivek well cause I went to school with him at UT, but only met Kean a few times through Vivek. Do you know Clint...not sure if he is still there in Austin and in the whole racing scene but he use to have a Lexus SC300 that was ONE BAD MOFO. He dumped a Supra engine in it with a HUGE turbo...it was putting out almost 600+ HP at one time I think...one BAD BAD RIDE! He use to hang out with Vivek and Darren...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I don't think I'd count the Supra as a loss...

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

He's right. You are comparing a factory built road beast to an all out street rated drag car. I wouldn't put that one on my record doctor.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I mean, it really doesn't take THAT much to get a Supra above 1000hp. That engine responds ridiculously to a turbo.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

I mean, it really doesn't take THAT much to get a Supra above 1000hp. That engine responds ridiculously to a turbo.

The stock internal resistance of the 93+ Supra is ridiculously sick.

X

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

He's right. You are comparing a factory built road beast to an all out street rated drag car. I wouldn't put that one on my record doctor.

Supras are not really drag 1/4 mile cars. They will just about rape anything on the highway from a roll but from a stop they are not the best built for that. I was at Rivercity Raceway with Vivek when he tore his stock driveshaft in HALF...thats right ripped the sucker right in half trying to launch the car from a stop. It was unbelievable...never seen that happen before. So much torque on those cars...this was also when he was only putting out about 400HP...not the 800+hp he is putting out now.

And yes Doc do not count the Supra...totally different class of car.

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
85 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by DrRick

so im out for a sat drive in the hill country. enjoying myself with the dogs in the backseat. i see a couple of charcoal S2Ks in front of me, so i do some weaving and get up with them. i end in b/w them. so when the traffic opens up on 620, the car behind, decides that he wants to get back in formation. blows by me and then slows down. so i slow down to let him get in front. so he slows down some more. ok, he wants to get it on. he gets beside me and shoots me a wave. he was with prolly the best looking girl that i have seen since ive been here. she wasnt white, she wasnt black, she was "other", if you know what i mean. absolutely dime status...........but i digress.
anyway, i look down to see how fast we're going. around 60, so 3rd gear should do. i downshift and wait. he punches and then so do i. he gets the jump but i immediately get it back and then he's back in my blindspot. shift to fourth and i pull a little more. i will say that with the aftermarket exhaust that he had on it, it sounded incredible. we pull up on the other honda at about 110, so i slow hard. he raises his hands with the thumbs up. good run. i get beside him and we exchange cordialities (is that a word?).<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

ehh, doesnt really surprise me that you beat an s2k(even though i want one so damn badly[bigmouth]), those things have SHYTE for torque: 153 pound feet to be exact. and even though it weighs only 2800 pounds to your 3300, that missing HP and torque is what does it in.

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint...cause I'm broke." - Anonymous

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yeah, I have driven S2000s before, and you have to keep them above 5,500 rpm to have fun with them. No torque whatsoever. The only way that beating an S2000 can be a challenge is on a rolling start, and it should be modded as in Dr.'s case.

XL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts