Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

· Premium Member
53,494 Posts

· Premium Member
4,107 Posts
I just re did my tap and did it with the blue/pink and teal/purple before the Bose amp and it's incredible how much cleaner my sub sounds now. I'm really impressed.

· Premium Member
4,107 Posts
I used the DIY in g35 driver. The way ita Laid out is

Blue right rear +
Pink right rear -

Teal left rear +
Purple left rear -

I know it isn't the front but figured I'd take the 30 mins to try it and it worked nps whatsoever.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
And how was it before? I did take a harder look at what my installer did and everything is done to the book.

This delay is just house music bass, think it's just like that. Happens in my buddies car as well.

· Premium Member
4,107 Posts
Where did he tap? And are there any settings on the amp for the turn on option? If so what is it on? I believe mine is set to turn on the second the car starts.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I am connected to the remote wire. He tapped exactly where you did. I believe the amp turns on when I turn on the radio. I am not 100% sure, I will check if you want me to.

· Premium Member
4,107 Posts
My amp has a 12V on setting so when it gets power from the battery it's juiced up. See if yours has a similar option.

· Premium Member
53,494 Posts
Your amp should always get +12v from the battery, even when the car is turned off. It's preferred to have the amp turn on with the head unit do you don't have the risk of engine noise while the head unit is off.

· Premium Member
4,107 Posts
^^ you're probably right, It is hooked into the head unit as well. Guess I'm just talking out of my ass :p

· Registered
3 Posts
I hate to necro an almost year-old thread, but I've been researching this for a while now and can't seem to find a straight answer (maybe I'm looking in the wrong places): I'm simply wanting to bypass the Bose amp/"sub" and add in my own; is there an adaptor that takes the input from the radio to the Bose and changes it to RCA? I do NOT want to cut any wiring so that I can revert it back to stock easily should I decide to sell the car.

Also, is there no way to take the power that would go to the Bose amp and use it for an add-on? Do you absolutely HAVE to run another power cable from the engine bay?

Sorry again to resurrect this thread, but I figured it would be the best place to ask.

· Premium Member
53,494 Posts
I remember reading about some GM connector that fit the Bose amp connector but I don't remember any details.

If you cut the wires to the amp, which is most likely what you'll need to do, keep enough length on the pigtail you cut off to reattach it when you want to put the amp back in.

About the power wire, you have to run a new power wire from the battery. The Bose amp power wire is too small for any decent amp you would want to use. You can use the Bose amp turn on wire.

· Registered
3 Posts
I remember reading about some GM connector that fit the Bose amp connector but I don't remember any details.

If you cut the wires to the amp, which is most likely what you'll need to do, keep enough length on the pigtail you cut off to reattach it when you want to put the amp back in.

About the power wire, you have to run a new power wire from the battery. The Bose amp power wire is too small for any decent amp you would want to use. You can use the Bose amp turn on wire.
Hey Gilley, thanks for the quick response!

I'll have to do some digging on the GM connector -- I'm assuming you mean a PAC unit of some sort? Metra has this: Metra Part # 70-7553 | Nissan wire harness | Metra Online as well as this Metra 70-7554 2010-Up Nissan Bose Integration Wiring Harness

Think either of those would work for taking the HU signal and bypassing the amp altogether?

Also, that's unfortunate about the power requirements for the Bose, even though it's listed at 225W... I was hoping to keep everything as stock as possible, but running a power cable is pretty tame in the grand scheme of things. ;)

· Premium Member
53,494 Posts
I do not have any experience with those plugs. I don't know if they will do that you want them to do. One said it was for 07 and up and the other was 10 and up.

· Registered
3 Posts
I do not have any experience with those plugs. I don't know if they will do that you want them to do. One said it was for 07 and up and the other was 10 and up.
Yeah, I know the model year is off, but I didn't know if you could tell by sight if they "looked right" or not. Hey, they're cheap enough, might be worth a shot, you know?

Thanks for your input man, and sorry again for resurrecting this thread.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts