Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

· Premium Member
53,494 Posts
That amp with that sub would be a good combination.

I had a 10w6 powered by the 250 watt sub channel on my 500/5 that I had once and it was plenty.

I had two 10w6s in the trunk powered by the Alpine 1000 watt and that was much louder. I still have one of the 10w6s. Maybe I should put it in my sedan. I'm not sure what to do with it.

· Premium Member
15,443 Posts
^^ Could start a side-line business with his knowledge and experience ...

· Premium Member
53,494 Posts
I don't know what brand speakers, but if the G37 is like the G35 (and I would think it is) then you'll need 2 ohm speakers.

· Premium Member
53,494 Posts
The logo is not supposed to be crooked but it may be a B unit with that defect.

Does it still have a serial number? If so, it should still be legit.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I am thinking of replacing the bose amp and speakers as well.

If I keep the head unit, can I just replace the bose amp, replace the speakers, and use the original wiring for the speakers and amp?

· Premium Member
53,494 Posts
Yes. I did that with my sedan.

You can cut the wires going into and out of the Bose amp and feed the signal wires into the JL from the radio and send the signal out of the JL and into the stock wire harness. I found it easier just to run new wire to the rear speakers when you pull them out to replace them.

You will need another amp though for the cabin spaekers. You might want to return your JL amp for a multi channel amp.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Cool. That's re-assuring.

I did some research on sustaining the power needed for the amps and I came across Dry Cell Car Batteries. Sounds like something I may need. Does anyone have any advice on purchasing one for a G37S?

Thanks again.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
OK. Just got this shit installed but the 1st box got lost by fedex. I'm using a temporary one until I get the replacement next week.
They ended up tapping into the bose signal and then filtered it through a Audio Control LC8 to achieve 100HZ for the sub/ Their suggestion. They also put the bass knob in my ashtray. Everything sounds great, hits hard, but obviously there are some ipod songs that the sub doesn't even register. I figure that is where the Epicenter comes in handy. 1 issue I have is about 35% of the music that I listen to has some sort of Delay with the bass to the sub as to what is being registered to the door, sounds very odd. Does anyone, or just Gilley, have any input on what this could be/related to?

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the outcome.
I have the bass and treble all the way on the head unit and a little fade to the front. This delay happens no matter what the head unit settings are.

Thanks

· Premium Member
15,443 Posts
That sounds reasonable ,,, like the amp goes into sleep mode or something w/o that other signal wire hooked up when lossing low end input signal from parts of a song.

I usually get 98 % into these projects then realize I've been up for 22 hours. It's diffucult troubleshooting the last phase of an issue then having to finish it later. Other times, a fresh look and start opens up some other things that were missed.
Good luck.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts