Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sport sedan supposedly comes with front & rear privacy glass, meaning that the the actual glass is slightly tinted. When I purchased the car last Friday, it was at night and the window's looked real dark, however now in the daytime they look allot more clear. Are the windows actually getting lighter or is the appearance very drastic at night compared to day? Thank you for your feedback...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
172 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

My sport sedan supposedly comes with front & rear privacy glass, meaning that the the actual glass is slightly tinted. When I purchased the car last Friday, it was at night and the window's looked real dark, however now in the daytime they look allot more clear. Are the windows actually getting lighter or is the appearance very drastic at night compared to day? Thank you for your feedback...

XL

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If the window get tinted, then it will look darker at night because ur interior is black. if the back ground is lighter as in daytime...then of course it will get be more clear~

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What model you got sub? I want to put black tints to add to the sweet black & white combination I got going on, but I hate how black tints get purple over time... Anyone know of any good quality black tint that doesn't do this?

XL

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
My car has Solar Gard tint and it has been fine since I bought the car. Llumar is also good stuff (from what I hear). As long as you don't get a "dye-based" tint, it will not discolor. Most of the newer, higher quality films are metalic-based tint, and will not discolor. With a white exterior and black interior, subs right, you won't need much tint to get her looking NICE [thmsup]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, my intention other than making her look nice was to add a little privacy. [boink] [:D] V, do I have to purchase Solar Guard and have a tinting store intall them? Or do most tinting businesses already have them? Also, I know that metallic base always wins over dye based in tinting, but I think that metallic based tints do not come in black, only reflective colors. Can anybody clear this up? Thanx guys...

XL

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

What model you got sub? I want to put black tints to add to the sweet black & white combination I got going on, but I hate how black tints get purple over time... Anyone know of any good quality black tint that doesn't do this?

XL

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Black tint only turns purple with age if it's dyed. Get a metal based tint and you won't have this problem.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You can get a metalic-based black, that's what I have (Solar Guard Metalic Tint, 35%). Click here for pics.

Just take it to a tinting place that is an authorized dealer of the tint you're looking to get installed. They will have the film.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great replies thank you Semi & V. I will inquire about tints this weekend. Wow, I can see how nice the quality looks on your metallic based compared to dye-based V, what a contrast! I want a mild black %, since my glass is already naturally privacy although no too dark.

PS: There is a West Chester here in Miami too!

XL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts