Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you all happy with the supposedly Premium Bose Stereo?? I had a Jetta 1.8T with the standard stereo and believe me it kicks the ass off of my new Bose?

Also, Infiniti should really consider improving the look and feel of the G car keys, they need to look at Mercedes cool infrared key and Audi's beautiful key. I am a proud G owner and I want to show off even my key.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by simonparker

Are you all happy with the supposedly Premium Bose Stereo?? I had a Jetta 1.8T with the standard stereo and believe me it kicks the ass off of my new Bose?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I think that they could have done better with the sound, but of course I am coming from my old car in which I had MB Quarts all the way around (at one point I had a $1300 set of Eclipse Components). So nothing from the factory will ever sound "good" to me. However, I do feel that we have one of the better Bose systems that I have heard.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Also, Infiniti should really consider improving the look and feel of the G car keys, they need to look at Mercedes cool infrared key and Audi's beautiful key. I am a proud G owner and I want to show off even my key.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I still don't understand the whole key thing. I mean, do you judge a person's house by the type of key they have? Sure a neat little gizmo would be cool, but I just look at it as one more thing to break. I can't begin to tell you how many times my friend has messed up his flip open key for his Mercedes ML.

| 6MT Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | Navi | Alum. Peds | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Welcome to the board, Simon. I'm not happy with the Bose either. There are a lot of threads here discussing this issue. Try doing a search to read more.

-Ken

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Are you all happy with the supposedly Premium Bose Stereo?? I had a Jetta 1.8T with the standard stereo and believe me it kicks the ass off of my new Bose?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Check the Audio forum. Many of us share your impression, but I wasn't expecting anything more from Bose...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Also, Infiniti should really consider improving the look and feel of the G car keys, they need to look at Mercedes cool infrared key and Audi's beautiful key. I am a proud G owner and I want to show off even my key.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I agree entirely. I've seen pics of the Japanese Skyline key and it resembles the BMW quite a bit. It's not much bigger than the current key, but it contains all of the buttons for the remove on the key itself.

A lame Nissan FOB is a bit disappointing.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I still don't understand the whole key thing. I mean, do you judge a person's house by the type of key they have? Sure a neat little gizmo would be cool, but I just look at it as one more thing to break. I can't begin to tell you how many times my friend has messed up his flip open key for his Mercedes ML.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Which is why the BMW approach is a better idea despite the coolness of the Scottsdale Switch Blade.

I believe the complaint is really mired in the fact that ALL other luxury manufacturers have cooler keys.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I agree with you 100% rlipps. The stock stereo's on ANY stock car have a lot to be desired and as we have gone over many many times on this board already it is a matter of what you are use to.

Also the key thing I too have never understood. Bottom line is who cares! What do you wear your key chain outside your pant pocket hanging to flaunt what you have? I mean seriously it is just the key to turn the car. Sheesh people...[dunno]

'03.5 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Graphite Leather | Sport

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
I would not even have a key, I would like to be able to walk up to my car and say open door and start your engine. Now that would be nice, I get sick of lugging keys around.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
56 Posts
Bose is about the name, not about the quality. You can get Bose in dang near any car now.

My first suggestion is to upgrade the speakers. Stock speakers suck in all cars (except very high end stock systmes)

1SICKLEX's words and comments do not reflect Lexus corp, ClubLexus nor his mother's.....

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

I would not even have a key, I would like to be able to walk up to my car and say open door and start your engine. Now that would be nice, I get sick of lugging keys around.

Hah that would be sweet! I too get sick of luggin keys around.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I hear that with the FX45 there is an electronic transponder of some sort that senses when you are near the car and unlocks and starts the car for you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What I was trying to say is that I believe Infiniti is a luxury brand along with Mercedes, Audi, and Lexus, and so, one expects a bit more than a very cheap looking Nissan FOB. Afterall, we all want Infiniti to be the best in everything.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chaz

I agree with you 100% rlipps. The stock stereo's on ANY stock car have a lot to be desired and as we have gone over many many times on this board already it is a matter of what you are use to.

Also the key thing I too have never understood. Bottom line is who cares! What do you wear your key chain outside your pant pocket hanging to flaunt what you have? I mean seriously it is just the key to turn the car. Sheesh people...[dunno]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rlipps

I hear that with the FX45 there is an electronic transponder of some sort that senses when you are near the car and unlocks and starts the car for you?

Yes. I hear that too. Now THAT'S pretty cool.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Also the key thing I too have never understood. Bottom line is who cares! What do you wear your key chain outside your pant pocket hanging to flaunt what you have? I mean seriously it is just the key to turn the car. Sheesh people...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Actually, the problem for me is that I want less shit in my pockets. The FOB is large and obnoxious versus thw BMW solution which would remove the use of volume entirely. The Merc and Audi solution, removes one key, at least.

My chain is currently at three keys and the FOB. I'd be delighted to reduce that further.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

My chain is currently at three keys and the FOB. I'd be delighted to reduce that further.

You can get rid of your house key and live out of your car.[grad][lol]

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I have 300 miles on my car now, and still cant find anything wrong with it. Stereo is great, so's the key. I'm addicted to driving it.

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance |

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by sav505

I'm addicted to driving it.

So THAT'S where you have been...[:O]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts