Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just picked up a '13 infiniti g37x coupe with 15k miles this week and i'm lovin it! Upgrade from a '99 Honda Accord LX.

Anyhow, It appears that the power outlets\ cig lighter doesnt work. And I know there are plenty of power outlet\cit lighter threads but they are all for the G35, and after looking through all those threads I am still no closer to resolving the issue. People always say "RTFM" (Read the f***ing manual) I have and it does not have a fuse diagram and is utterly useless in this case. I contacted the dealer that I purchased the car from an we got an appointment scheduled.... But I have to wait a month.. WTF? So I'm just trying to see if I cant fix it myself quicker.

So Far I've found 2 fuse "box" locations, but none of them have "cig" "power outlet" or anything that I can think would be the fuse for it. I'll attach some pictures. Maybe I am a complete dumb*ss and its something obvious like "flip a switch" or something of the sort.

2nd Image had bad lighting. Fuses to right are: VDC - ABS ACN? - POWER - WDW - H/L WASH ----- AUDIO - ETS SO - L ALT - HORN

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Hello all,

Just picked up a '13 infiniti g37x coupe with 15k miles this week and i'm lovin it! Upgrade from a '99 Honda Accord LX.

Anyhow, It appears that the power outlets\ cig lighter doesnt work. And I know there are plenty of power outlet\cit lighter threads but they are all for the G35, and after looking through all those threads I am still no closer to resolving the issue. People always say "RTFM" (Read the f***ing manual) I have and it does not have a fuse diagram and is utterly useless in this case. I contacted the dealer that I purchased the car from an we got an appointment scheduled.... But I have to wait a month.. WTF? So I'm just trying to see if I cant fix it myself quicker.

So Far I've found 2 fuse "box" locations, but none of them have "cig" "power outlet" or anything that I can think would be the fuse for it. I'll attach some pictures. Maybe I am a complete dumb*ss and its something obvious like "flip a switch" or something of the sort.

2nd Image had bad lighting. Fuses to right are: VDC - ABS ACN? - POWER - WDW - H/L WASH ----- AUDIO - ETS SO - L ALT - HORN
I'd go to the dealership and talk to whomever you have to.... you got the car in the past week and need to wait a month ...? Nope I don't think it works that way and it's likely a simple troubleshoot / fix for them. They won't need to pull the top dog off the line for that one. Tell them a small fib like you need the outlet right away for your road trip stuff like the computer, phone and garmin or something. That's a reason they understand you want some priority for and makes sense.
It's not routine for the dealer to do the 115 point inspection and miss things or let a car out with any problems... they could feel pretty embarrassed by this and should fix it asap. Maybe the guy or lady you deal with won't be the one empowered to help you so just make it clear you'll go next up the chain .... tell them you have a few minutes to " let them get it right "and will talk to the person who understands that.

It's not worth it for them to get a DING on customer service over something like that. They know it but probably don't think you do.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,487 Posts
Maybe the fuse labeled socket is the one you need. Maybe it's for power socket. You can also use a test light. There is no power to the power outlet when the switch is off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts