Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good for you GM. You are listening to what people want. Slowly but surely. I like this move. Shows how humble GM is. It's difficult to be humble and at the same time be the largest automaker on the planet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

By RICHARD TRUETT | Automotive News

DETROIT -- The 2005 Pontiac GTO will be restyled to include hood scoops, General Motors sources said.

The 2004 model GTO, which does not have hood scoops, has prompted GTO fans to write letters to GM asking the automaker to bring back the scoops that were on the original 1964 GTO. The scoops enhanced the car's performance image.

Hood scoops can help cool the engine or force air into the motor. It is unclear if the scoops will be functional or decorative.

The new GTO is a rear-wheel-drive high-performance coupe with a 5.7-liter engine derived from the Chevrolet Corvette. Pontiac officials say the car's acceleration, handling and braking will be the best ever in a GTO.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S
2001 Lexus RX300 Silversport

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Pontiac also estimates pricing at $33,000 (add $695 for the six-speed manual over the four-speed automatic) in a release announcing an advance ordering option for those fans who can#146;t wait. For more, see www.pontiac.com/gto

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I like the hood scoops on the original. Glad they're bringing them back. Would be great if they brought back more of the old styling in general.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1SICKLEX

Gavril, I don't think your as appreciated here as on cl.com.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I appreciate Gavril's posts!

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1SICKLEX

Gavril, I don't think your as appreciated here as on cl.com.
I appreciate Gavril's posts!

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

Hehehe...

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S

·
Registered
56 Posts
He's awesome. I get lots info from him, pretty accurate too (which is hella important).

It may be that this site does not have enough traffic yet. But post and let him know u read it!

1SICKLEX's words and comments do not reflect Lexus corp, ClubLexus nor his mother's.....

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I read every single one of his news posts... I may not respond to them all, but I read them. Keep 'em comin' Gav! [thmsup]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.