·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
It's hard to beat a good Clint Eastwood movie from the 70s
that and Clint Eastwood movies usually portray good hard beatings. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Hearing great stuff about American Sniper from friends and family but we probably won't go out of our way to see it before it makes it's way out of the theater.
Sometimes we still score free movie comps and normally don't pay the almighty dollars. Too many years of freebies when the kid worked there spoiled us. He still has many friends and contacts there so it's hit n miss for us.

The theater is great for certain flicks but 90% of the movies I watch I prefer to be at home anyways.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Going to the theater is different from what it used to be
Yes- Also the 'norm' of many households having near ultimate technology for tv screen and audio quality-sound features make it especially handy. (We probably have the movie theater technology that has filtered into our everyday video and audio components to thank though).

In my world, it's tough to outdo the comfort of being around the house where all the food and snacks are, no parking hassles and no $12.50 for a coke and popcorn that would be $4.00 anywhere else.

I don't hear too many spoiler's from people and it matters little to me about being the first wave of people to see a movie. The only common downside I experience once in a while is the 'hype' of a movie only to realize it was either over-hyped before I seen it or maybe just too much talk of it made it seem over-hyped. It creates higher expectations sometimes.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
People just don't know how to behave in theaters. People using cell phones that are distracting and people talking are my two biggest gripes.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Yeah.... and now that phones and screens are bigger and brighter than ever, even if they are not talking on them, the bright screens are evermore a distraction as they doodle with them doing whatever.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Oh man.... I remember that one.
Everybody just needs to calm down. It's bad when you know there are people out there just waiting to snap at any little thing.

Reminds me to go scope out the news. I seen a quick blip on the news earlier about a guy who tackled a man in a store, (maybe a Wal Mart) because he seen the guy had a gun.
The man tackled was a licensed gun owner or CW holder.

I wonder what the odds are a guy with a gun figures he's being attacked by a bad guy that wants the weapon? This is why I personally don't care for open carry. Anyone can go after a person with a gun displayed on their hip and just having it out where all can see makes that an opportunity that wouldn't be if following CC protocol. When this does happen, it's often a very crowded public place where many other innocent bystanders are potentially at risk or in the crossfire.

Lets face it, we know there are plenty of idiots out there. Why couldn't it be a person standing behind an open carrier in line at McDonalds relishing that big shiny gun ?

That bonehead at Wal Mart could have got blasted across the store.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
That was not a smart move by the tackler
Yeah,, more muscle than brains.

I hope he's thankful to be alive and that not all gun-toting peeps have hair trigger's.

19881 - 19896 of 19896 Posts