Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why hello there....I was wondering if there was a cheap way to be able to plug in my ipod or iphone for tunes on my radio. I can't believe this car didn't come with an plug for your ipod. I know people with older KIA's that have the plug for their ipods.

Thanks,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm new to this, what is double din and a Bluetooth enabled HU? And how does all this hook up to existing factory radio. Maybe the easiest is the RCA adapters. Do they just hook up to radio from the back? My car doesn't have the Nav package, not sure what kind of hookups would be behind the radio.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
some of the 350z's and g35 sedans got the aux, but no g35 coupes... not sure of the logic... kinda dumb that a z gets it but not the luxury version... i just posted a topic a couple hours ago about this in the g35 forum... it cost me $230 installed, there is also a version for the ipod to enable control from the radio buttons. should be roughly the same price, the part itself was $125

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have an iSimple adapter on my '06 coupe that I'm selling. I didn't install it myself, but it seems very straight forward. The way mine is set up, there is a cord coming through the glovebox and I can either keep it in the GB and use the radio controls (which I hate lol) or use the iPod controls. Sound quality is as good as any other auxiliary output. Only reason I'm selling is because I'm going with a new DD head unit.

PM me if you're interested!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I have an iSimple adapter on my '06 coupe that I'm selling. I didn't install it myself, but it seems very straight forward. The way mine is set up, there is a cord coming through the glovebox and I can either keep it in the GB and use the radio controls (which I hate lol) or use the iPod controls. Sound quality is as good as any other auxiliary output. Only reason I'm selling is because I'm going with a new DD head unit.

PM me if you're interested!
^^ right there is your solution Jack... maybe you can get a nice forum discount from her ;)

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
That is the RCA solution- it plugs into the back of your existing head unit (HU).
The other solution is to go all out. As many of the g35 head units have issues, a popular option is to install an after market head unit with a new faceplate for the center console. You currently have a single "din". A double din, or DD, will have room for your larger head unit.
There are several different DD kits available. An OEM equivalent JDM kit out of a skyline is a popular choice, as well as the cheaper but noticeably so Metra kits.
There are several topics relating to this that can be conveniently found using the search function.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I still don't understand why dd h/us don't use more powerful amps. Double the size but still put out 25w> rms... You would think they would have them put out 50w rms so you wouldn't need an amp to run aftermarket speakers. Just my .02

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need Bluetooth Capability for 2007 G35x

I have a 2007 G35x sedan WITHOUT SAT RADIO. I'm looking for options to enable Bluetooth use with my iPod and/or Android phone. I have the RCA connection under my armrest compartment. I bought an item from BestBuy, Aluratek Bluetooth Universal Audio Transmitter (ABTO1F), that did not work. Any help is appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts