Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After lurking here for quite a while and looking to possibly get a 2003 I went down to the local dealer (north long island) where the dealer told me flat out, you don't want this car (because they were still selling 03's at MSRP) and I should order a 2004. I walked out stunned, maybe Infiniti dealers really are different... The weirdest car buying experience in my life. So I went to another dealer (south long island) farther away, but they didn't have anything. Later that week while attempting to get a price online I was put in touch with a different saleswomen at the first dealer. Two days after going back and forth on what I was looking for via e-mail she told me that she had a LR/Black leather-Granite/6MT/Prem/Nav 2004 coming in the next day and if I wanted I had first dibs. I went out there a few times (see it being delivered, show my wife and get papers in order). Today I went to actually sign the papers and drive away the car. I was the first person (at this dealer) to get a 04. I guess normally people just sign and leave because she was starting to get annoyed at my 500 point forever inspection of the car. From bringing an audio testing cd a (any old) tape, driving it around, checking the windows, spending 10 minutes looking at the paint, and listening to the brakes. The Navigation manual wasn't in the car and so they gave me one out of a 2003. Hopefully nothing is different (software is always perfect and _never_ needs updating. :) ) In the trunk there was a little black suitcase/bag. Inside it was a pen and two keychains framed in foam (making +3 keychains total), service record book in a pocket and another leather book (looks like a daytimer) with the manual and other things. The sales women said this was new (thus my detail). Is this really new? It is raining out so I didn't get a chance to take photos. I figured I would take a photo of the center console and anything else that changed that people want to see photos of. I must say that the navigation is worth every penny. I have played with plenty of after market ones, but the integration makes this the winner in my eyes (and it got me home :). The stick seems a little tight changing gears. Does this change over time? My old car is a Camaro which the stick seemed to flow much easier where the G35's stick seems to "lock" into each gear. As far as the CD changer goes if someone want to time its operations for ejecting etc I can do the same for comparison. Oh hey does anyone know if there is a line-in in the back for external audio devices? Has anyone bothered to pop their navigation dvd onto their computer and inspect it? Is it a normal DVD? 4.7GB single side or 9 or 18 or dual etc? Suffice it to say I am a happy man.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats. can't wait to see the pictures of the 2004 model. the shifter does loosen a bit, either that or you just get used to it. if you ever try another car like a honda or a subaru wrx you'll feel that the stick is a lot taller but just glides in more easily. i found the subaru's shifter to feel a bit more mushy but still an easier glide. the honda's is a surgically precise scalpel. No one makes a smoother shifter than honda/acura. not even the europeans. but the g35 is still a sweet car. as the car gets older, you'll notice certain flaws or areas that they can improve, but i'll leave that to you. it's all worth the discovery. i'm still extremely proud of my purchase and would repeat it again.

brilliant silver 2003 6mt/black interior

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Breaking up your posts into individual paragraphs would greatly improve the readability. Otherwise, congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, just joined also. I picked up my '04 Coupe 6MT three days ago and absolutely love it! Can't wait for the 1,200 mile break-in period to be over so I can gun it.

Funny that my dealer also gave me an '03 Nav booklet for my '04. The dealer had no idea where the (new) leather case goes and I stuck it in the trunk on the right-side where there's a perfectly sized spot. The velcro keeps it from moving around.

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT | Diamond Graphite | Graphite Leather | Premium Package | Aero | Nav

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Funny that my dealer also gave me an '03 Nav booklet for my '04. The dealer had no idea where the (new) leather case goes and I stuck it in the trunk on the right-side where there's a perfectly sized spot. The velcro keeps it from moving around.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I have been wondering that also. Inside it is the all in one leather book which has a spot for your insurance card. If you get pulled over you don't want to tell the cop - "One sec let me get out here and get it out of my trunk". So I also am not sure what to do with it all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hehe, you couldn't wait to take photos hu? (Eyeing the feet paper still in the car).

-Benjamin Meyer

·
Registered
402 Posts
Congrats guys on your '04 G35 6MT~

I'm in Fort Lee area and was test driving G35 last week... would like to get 2004 model as well. (full option except Nav. Since I will to put in my 7" LCD touch screen dvd/mp3 player and my own nav. System.)

2003 model as you mention is selling at MSRP! How much did you pay for your coupe? Should I still expect to pay MSRP for '04 models?

Can you give contact info (email/phone #) of the sales person that helped you out with your purchases? How far of a driving would it be from George Washington Bridge? Thanks

Young

1 - 11 of 11 Posts