Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm on the phatnoise email list and received an email last week stating they were about to offer phatbox's for a number of new car manufacturers.. infiniti is now listed. i sent them a msg asking if the g35 c would be part of the new package.. no reply!

the point here is that this has to be one of the finest mp3 jukebox players on the market (in my opinion). if you have a cd changer and a nav screen.. this box should display your mp3 tunes on the display; however, i've only seen this on a bmw but if they do offer infiniti kits.. we just might have one mean ass mp3 player to brag about!!!

I have about 50 gigs worth of mp3s.. (in my office dev group we share tons of songs and post them on our own internal server).. this box would mean no more cd's to deal with!! at least thats my goal!! lets hope phatnoise comes through for us and our car!!

bm

http://www.phatnoise.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=754

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
bostonmerlin -

can you provide a little more info on this product? sounds interesting... does it replace the headunit or is it an add-on... and if it's an add-on, where will it reside? Would be awesome if it could be integrated with the nav.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
follow that link i posted above to learn what i know ..

I dont know if they'll definately produce it for the g35c.. i only konw it'll be for the infiniti brand! I do know on the bmw.. the phatbox can hold up to 60gigs and allow mp3 selection via the nav screen (once again check their site). On the bmw though.. the stereo is controlled via the nav screen.. so its possible our car will only allow mp3 playback via the radio display since i dont believe the g35c stereo is controlled via nav (if you have the nav). I'm only guessing here since my g35c is not in.

bm

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
You are right... the nav and stereo have nothing to do with each other. Too bad.

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another possibility here is if phatbox can jack into both the nav and the radio on the infiniti.. yea.. a long shot but would be very very nice!! its possibe the nav has an aux input where as the controls (joystick on center console) have a way to feed input..

maybe maybe not!
bm

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't know about integrating into the Nav screen. According to their site the unit functions by emulating a cd stacker:
http://www.phatnoise.com/products/car/le.php

Personally, the point of having Burr-Brown DACs is immediately negated by the fact that the source is an MP3 to begin with. I am not a big fan of MP3s, but I do acknowledge the benifit of having *a lot* of music on hand.

Since the price point of the PhatBox is around $800 (not sure if that includes a cartridge), why not go with something more portable like an iPod? Then you can really take it with you, and it costs less.

peace

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have my 20 gig ipod on hand as well. but wanted an integrated solution. Do not want to deal with an aux-in wire coming out of my dash and if you thought mp3s were sub-par.. just try listening to your ipod over an fm modulator tuned into station xxx.

Not what i'm looking for.. but definately an option for the masses!
bm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts