Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a performance driving school in the New England Area?

On order - G-35 Coupe 6MT, Laser Red

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Do it right and fly to Phoenix! Bondurant is the best there is. For four grand you'll spend two days behind the wheel of their race modified Mustangs at the end of which you'll be race certified. The fourth day is spent behind the seat of an F1 race car, all at Firebird International Raceway if memory serves.

That's part of the reason I'm hesitant to drop 4k on a stereo...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Semi you are mostly correct.

At Bondurant, the Mustangs are Cobras and GT's and are a blast to drive. You get quality time with an instructor showing you how its done then sitting beside you while you drive. The fourth day is actually a Forula Ford with wings. They call it "F1 style" for advertising purposes. The cars are fast and a blast also.

Bertil Roos has a good school in the Northeast somewhere (I don't remember where exactly, but I think Nazareth, PA) and uses Formula 2000 cars. Justin Bell is at Virginia Intl Raceway and uses Corvette Z06's. Skip Barber is average at best. Derek Daly's school in Vegas is good but high-priced. Then you have all of the driving experiences (CART Driving 101, Richard Petty, etc.).

The bottom line is: what do you want to learn and what types of cars?

For all-around learning, Semi is right on. Go to Phoenix and make a vacation out of it. You can't miss with Bondurant.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do I want to learn?

I dont want to be Mario Andretti (showing my age). I just want to learn how to drive the car better. I'm purchasing the 6MT and want to be able to drive the manual better. I've been driving standards for 25 years but I haven't had a car like this since my 69 Camaro SS, when I was 18.

Just looking for a 1 day course, in New England, only want to spend around $500-600. Oh ya, and I want the driving teacher to be a top-less blonde female (only kidding).

On order - G-35 Coupe 6MT, Laser Red

1 - 6 of 6 Posts