Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a performance chip out there for the g coupe. the dealer told me that what ever parts you can put on a 350, you can put in a g. im talking about the chip that remaps your governor and lets you rev at 9.5 and will increase to 315. he also told me that there is a company out there that doesnt void the warranty.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hey...My G has a vertical JET PACK that propels me ABOVE AND OVER other cars when I'm stuck in traffic!!![thmsup]

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Oh yeah, the jetpack chip upgrade! My dealer was telling me about that.

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Does the jetpack go in the trunk?

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Pictures |

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
No, the chip upgrades the wheels.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Perhaps the rather inflated numbers you're getting from the dealer refers to hp at the crank (though still a 35hp gain seems very high for a naturally aspired car) and the removal of the rev limitter.

You do NOT want to rev this engine to 9.5k though...

·
Registered
869 Posts
There is no huge logic to not reving the engine that high, as long as it makes power and the components are strong enough, why not?

Honda engines are made to go to 9k and higher

People have a distorted perspective of performance though, more RPM does not always equal more power.

---------------
AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]
2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Sirmilton
People have a distorted perspective of performance though, more RPM does not always equal more power.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Especially in our cars...on the VQ, there's not much of a power gain from 3K-7K rpm (if I remember the dyno chart right...anybody have one?). Which is great, in my opinion...the powerband starts so low that I can launch myself pretty well without getting above 4K.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
The TechnoSquare ECU has been out for our car for about a month now. I have done lots of research on the ECU but really haven't posted anything on it as of yet because there is still a lot of skepticism/problems regarding it. Glad that you mentioned it though. It is a topic that needs to be discussed I suppose.

·
Registered
114 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Sirmilton
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Yea, maybe I'd do it with an inline engine or Mazda rotory but not with a V-anything, unless the internals were all titanium. V6 engines are inherantly unbalanced, too much so to rev that high.

Riv

-6MT Sedan, Aero, Black on Black

·
Registered
10 Posts
The engine begins coming apart at about 7500 rpms... remember, this is a stroker motor. i think the valvetrain fails at about 7300 rpms... also, I'm pretty surethat any exended use more than a minute or so) above 6000 rpms will begine to damage the engin and risc connecting rod failure.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Now back to the jet-pack...

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
869 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Riv

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Yea, maybe I'd do it with an inline engine or Mazda rotory but not with a V-anything, unless the internals were all titanium. V6 engines are inherantly unbalanced, too much so to rev that high.

Riv
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm under the impression that you only read one line of what I wrote...

Read the rest and you may find that you are agreeing with me but being a little more specific...

or wait, better yet I will repeat myself:

" There is no huge logic to not reving the engine that high, as long as it makes power and the components are strong enough, why not?...

People have a distorted perspective of performance though, more RPM does not always equal more power."

Like X said; lets get back on topic[boink]

---------------
AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]
'03.5 6MT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Graphite Leather | Premium | Aero | Heated Seats

·
Registered
1 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by tuffinc

is there a performance chip out there for the g coupe. the dealer told me that what ever parts you can put on a 350, you can put in a g. im talking about the chip that remaps your governor and lets you rev at 9.5 and will increase to 315. he also told me that there is a company out there that doesnt void the warranty.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">[bowdown]The Chip for the Z is over 550.00 bucks and the one for the G35 is about 400.00 bucks

Love, Peace and Sooooul

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tazmoe25 - Where did you find the chip for the G35?
Would everyone agree; that this is not a smart move on this engine?

2004 G35 Sport Coupe A5 / Black Obsidian & Black Leather / Aero Package w Rear Spoiler / Premmium Package / Performance Tires & 18" Alloy Wheels

1 - 20 of 32 Posts