Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
spoke to my infiniti dealerships parts department today, performance chip will be avaliable at the end of the month beginnig of sept. the chip is from infiniti/nissan, and will be installed by the dealership. Their working on a price right now for the chip and install. I think its safe to say $500-$800? maybe. The chip is suppose to give an added 20hp, so i've heard. maybe more maybe less, but its a start.

G-Class
2003.5 G35s Black/Black
Prim/Sport

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just spoke to Park Ave. Infiniti in Englewood NJ. They haven`t heard anything about the chip. Please let me know the dealers name and Tel # and I would LOVE to get the chip. I`ll even pay if I am first on line.[bowdown]

Thanks

G35 2003.5
Aero/sport/nav/xenon/
sunroof/leather/winter

Black / willow int

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I'm down with that too. Be sure and get us more details when you find out more.

Thanks!

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Yes, something in paper would be nice also. I am not calling BS, but you are about the 100th person who has said that they talked to Joe Blow at the dealer and they said expect it sometime soon, then everybody rushes to their own dealers who said that they have heard nothing. I sure as hell hope you heard correctly though.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Hey rlipps,
Are you trying out for a moderator spot or what? [:D]
Keep up the good work getting these guys in check. [clapper][thmsup]

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I think its safe to say $500-$800?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I think it's safe to say $500-800 for a third party kit you install yourself. For a dealer product that gets covered under warranty, I don't think that's safe at all.

For the short time that Audi was offering such, it was closer to $2k.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by donpalombella

Hey rlipps,
Are you trying out for a moderator spot or what? [:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I think he used the words "it's my dream to become a moderator" in one of his earlier posts. I'm sure VQ is taking notes. [:)]

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, ok, here is the name and # that everyone wants.........
BROWARD INFINITI 954-360-9400, just ask for the parts department. I was told that the only thing holding up the arrival of the chip is price has to be set. ps.........as to where this topic belongs........do people actually give a damm about that! I have a sedan so I'll keep puting it in the sedan forum, if its an issue........then don't read it.[loser] To everyone else, lets get this damm cip already![rockon]

G-Class
2003.5 G35s Black/Black
Prim/Sport

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Do you have a link with more info about what this chip is/does?

The reason people care about where posts go is because they're easier to find that way. Coupe people may not read the sedan forum, so they might miss this post. Personally, I don't care because I read all the forums, but rlipps has a good point.

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G-Class

ps.........as to where this topic belongs........do people actually give a damm about that! I have a sedan so I'll keep puting it in the sedan forum, if its an issue........then don't read it.[loser] <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It is an issue, and Struan87 has already told you why it is.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by donpalombella
Hey rlipps,
Are you trying out for a moderator spot or what?
Keep up the good work getting these guys in check. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Oh, I wouldn't mind. I am one of those people who just likes to see things done the right way. But, VQ, Chaz, and Gavriil1 already do an amazing job at that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just spoke to Hollay @ Broward infiniti. She said "I haven`t heard anything about any chip". Sorry guys, it just aint true. No chip. She did though say she was heading to an Infiniti parts meeting at the end of the month and I should call back then. This is all I got.[:(!]
[:(!]

G35 2003.5
Aero/sport/nav/xenon/
sunroof/leather/winter

Black / willow int

·
Registered
3 Posts
It would be so sweet if this chip was real, especially for the 5-800 price that guy said earlier. Does this chip have any effect on torque, and would it be possible to install the chip on a leased G35?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Has anyone bothered to ask Grubbs? These are the only guys I believe to have the real info on all aftermarket parts.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

1 - 14 of 14 Posts