Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yup, that looks like a 3M clear bra. Never seen them on Ebay before. You're best bet would probably be to just get a price driectly from the installer. Check around for tint installers and see if they can direct you to someone that can do a clear bra.

It should work very well at protecting the front end from paint chips.

Here's another thread on this:

http://www.6mt.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=694&SearchTerms=clear,bra

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
27 Posts
My car came from the dealer with the protective film already installed
by them. I ordered separately the same film that is custom cut to
fit the G35. It is transparent and very effective. This stuff can be bought directly over the Internet from various sources including X-Pel. If you want to do the E-bay thing, just be sure you know the buy-direct price (plus shipping) from the retail sources so you don't over-pay.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My salesman tld me to avoid it as some were coming back into the shop with peeling and "lifting" in the heat. It is one of those things that everything depends on the quality of the work by the installer. Better to just have a touch up at the dealer when needed (paint). It did not really look that cool either to me, plus it is around $300 to $700 for the whole front end.

Hodaddy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by GSGNG35

Found this item on E-Bay. Go to address below. (May need to copy and paste.) Any one know anything about this product?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RL=4&photoDisplayType=2#ebaylargephotohosting

Joe
G35 6MT Black/Graphite
GS 455 4 Speed
GN SFI Turbo

Have it done by a professional instaler [bowdown]who knows how to customer cut and fit the 3M film. Don't use pre-cut because it does not tend to adhere as tightly nor can it be tucked under as well and customer fitted.

I have used a company called SFX Secondary Exposure[thmsup], he is not cheap but he is great at making sure you won't have any problems, he also stands behind his work. Front end in the $300-$400 range with the a pillars and mirrors, add the rear bumper and you add about $200 more but it's worth it.
Many of my customers here in NY have said they love it because it beep them from having to spend money painting the bumpers and you will get rock chips and bumper dings.

Here's his number if you need: Thomas from Secondard Exposure
(917)225-6531

Unfortunately my F&I Mgr is greedy and thinks of his $ instead of quality work and he switched to a company called Autobann (they don't custom fit and they do a lousy job but they are cheaper ($25 less). Talk about greedy since Thomas stands behind his work and will come back and redo anything that peels. He cuts and fits everything. He also removes the grill to make sure that the 3M film gets tucked in properly.

Who ever you use, make sure they custom fit it and that they have good references. Don't just take the cheapest price because you do get what you pay for [:O]

G20t owner, Internet Manager North Shore Infiniti, Great Neck, LI, NY. Love Infiniti's & straight talk!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts