Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the paint protection (teflon coating) done to there G35c?

If so what is your experience? Chip free?

KSW

·
Registered
427 Posts
Teflon coating istn't going to stop your car from getting chips in it. Audi does this to there car for a like about 550 or so, but what teflon does is it gets rid of swirls on your paint that ordinary paint will give you. Although I believe you have to get it repainted after say 4 to 5 years or somethin it also keeps the paint really smooth feeling like you just waxed it. And I cant remember but I dont think you have to wax it as much as you would with regualr paint.

2003 G35C / 6mt / LR & Willow Leather / Nav / Premium / Aero / ETA 5 Months, Maybe 1.5 weeks?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I have some sort of clear coat on my car, applied by the dealership. I know this because I got a letter in the mail notifying me that I apparently have to get it reapplied every six months or my "paint warranty" is invalid. I do have chips and the dealer doesn't seem to think this "paint warranty" covers such so I'm not exactly sure what the point is.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I have it on mine. It's a load of crap.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
316 Posts
I got it on mine, but I wouldn't know it if they hadn't told me and charged me for it.

Black 2003.5 6MT - Willow - Nav - Premium - Performance - Tint - Nose mask

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's crap, they charge like $400 or $500 to put it on and you can buy the same crap for about $10. When they offered it to me for free, I said no.

2003 G35 Sport Coupe 6MT/Black/Graphite

1 - 7 of 7 Posts