Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just reserved a Twilight Blue G35 2003.5 sedan with Premium pkg, Aero Kit, Sport pkg and willow interior. It is 2 weeks out. They about to unload it from the boat. I'm really excited. My dealership is going to add a stilen exhaust and air intake like they did on one of their G's for fun and it will bump it up to 284 bhp...better yet, it doesn't void the warranty cause the dealership is doing everything.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
congrats and welcome, joola... that's gonna be one sweet combo ! [thumbup]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
61 Posts
"...for fun" ??????<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Joola

I just reserved a Twilight Blue G35 2003.5 sedan with Premium pkg, Aero Kit, Sport pkg and willow interior. It is 2 weeks out. They about to unload it from the boat. I'm really excited. My dealership is going to add a stilen exhaust and air intake like they did on one of their G's for fun and it will bump it up to 284 bhp...better yet, it doesn't void the warranty cause the dealership is doing everything.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yeah mcanlas I was wondering the same thing. Why in the world did they do that for fun?? Anyway congrats on the new G on the way and post some pics...

'03 AT Sedan | Twilight Blue | Willow Leather | Premium

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A bunch of the guys at the dealership are really big into aftermarket stuff. They have alot of G's on the lot and here in Las Vegas, people spend alot of money to buy cars that are already tricked out. They have a supercharged Q45 on the lot and it's up for sale cause some people would want to buy it that way. They were curious what it would take to get a G35 sedan to the same horsepower as the G35 coupe, so, they fooled around with one of the Gs and upgraded it to 284 hp for around $600.00. Not to shabby if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
You gotta love Vegas!

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is that just the rear-most muffler portion of the exhaust? That was $600 for parts and labor?

My dealer said I could make these modifications, but if a future problem is related to the non-factory, after-market parts (such as air intake), Infiniti may not honor warranty -- regardless of what the dealer will honor. I'd love to make these same two changes, but worried about the air intake. Anybody hear similar stories?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by donfleck1

Is that just the rear-most muffler portion of the exhaust? That was $600 for parts and labor?

My dealer said I could make these modifications, but if a future problem is related to the non-factory, after-market parts (such as air intake), Infiniti may not honor warranty -- regardless of what the dealer will honor. I'd love to make these same two changes, but worried about the air intake. Anybody hear similar stories?

I was told the whole upgrade that they did to their G35 was a new exhaust and an air intake and that it cost them $600.00. Since they did most of the work themselves my guess is that the $600 is before labor so it will cost a little more than that.
As for the air intake. I was told the engine in the G35 sedan is made by stillen and based on the 350Z engine and having the dealership add a stillen intake would not void my warranty.
I could be wrong with my info and i probably am so if anyone could give a definite answer that'd be great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How much did you pay? I ordered the same but changed it from twilight to diamond graphite

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Joola

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vudoo

How much did you pay? I ordered the same but changed it from twilight to diamond graphite
I haven't paid for it yet. We only paid $1000 to reserve the car when it comes in. my guess is i'll be paying around $37,000 but there is no definite price for it yet that i've heard of.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts