Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have a coupe on order, listen to this. I had mine on order since april, and today my dealer calls and tells me the order was cancelled by the factory for some reason, and that my car would not be arriving. To make a long story short, i got them to give me an awesome deal on a silver 6mt coupe/premium/aero, they had on the lot. If you have a car on order, and you haven't heard anything about it, make sure yours wasn't cancelled too.
enjoy

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Wow. I wonder if they've burned through all of the 2003s...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Someone told me that Infiniti only built 1400 6MT Coupes's for 2003, the rest were 5AT's...True??

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bet they did run out of '03 car similar to what you ordered, and they did not want to give you the '04 (maybe due to price difference?).

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
1400 6mts sounds a bit low to me. I heard the final production runs for 03 coupes were either 12,000 or 15,000. I can't imagine they only made 10% of them 6mt's.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
818 Posts
Sounded kinda low to me too!! Could be wishful thinking!!

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero/Prem
Actually driving it, no longer just dreaming...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never got a good explanation as to why the order was cancelled. I think the dealership didn't have a clue either. However they felt bad enough about it to give me a deal on one they had on the lot. According to them, Infiniti really didn't care that orders which people were waiting three months for were being cancelled without explanation. In my opinion, that is a terrible way of doing business.

·
Registered
39 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Someone told me that Infiniti only built 1400 6MT Coupes's for 2003, the rest were 5AT's...True??<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

When I ordered my Coupe, the my salesman said that only 15% or all G35s are coupes, and of those only 15% are 6mt. Never heard anything else about this.

fattalr: Sorry to hear, thats really lame. At least you got a good deal, hope my order doesnt get canceled.

Ernie

Red/Graphite 6MT G35 Coupe (on Order)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey fattalr, drop me an email and tell me your story, I ordered March 12th, which was placed with Infiniti beginning of April, I was told it would be a May production car. As yet, my car like ~349 others(including yours apparently) was not produced. I am still getting the runaround that they are trying to find one like what I ordered blah blah blah. Anyway, I ordered a 6mt bril silver graph no aero no dvd no premium(didn't want the sunroof). I am trying to round up as many people as posssible that had this problem. So far, the dealer gave me a 5at sedan to use until the car comes in(which they say will be now produced in august with the rest of the missed cars), and they have given me a $500 incentive if I still buy a g35. Please email and we'll talk about any similarities as well as I can put you in touch with the supervisor at Infiniti consumer affairs who ok'd the rebate. [email protected] Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts