Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this is about as trivial as it gets, but . .

I bought my G35 s/c used & it didn't come w/ the owner's manual. My request to get a manual is worth another thread.

After going to the dealer for my first oil change & paying over $40, I decided I'd rather go to a quick oil change place instead. Either that or buy some ramps & do it myself.

*** Pls advise what type of oil & filter I need ***

Brands & any addn'l details are much appreciated.

I understand I need a filter w/ a check valve.

Can I expect a quick lube place to handle this oil change ?? I realize there's approx 14 screws to remove to get access to the filter.

THNX !!

·
Registered
818 Posts
MS...Those "Quick Lube" joints ARE NOT worth the $10-$15 difference...Take it to your dealer...Why risk having some HACK work on your car...Most of these "QL" guys are young kids who just finished VO-Tech school and can't even spell Infiniti!!! I have to believe you will find better mechanics WHO KNOW THE CAR, at the dealer...That's gotta be worth the extra bucks...JMO[smoking]

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero/Prem

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I'm not sure if all dealers will do this, but mine does a full wash and detail with every service visit, even an oil change. That makes the $20 difference even more worthwhile.

I've always changed my own oil, but now I'll probably take it in. For $30-$40, I get high-quality oil & filter, a knowledgable technician, and a great wash that would take me a few hours to do myself.

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice

·
Registered
74 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts