Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up my 03.5 black on black 6MT sedan. Sweet. Can't wait to get past the breakin period. Its going to be hard to keep revs below 4K for a while.

Question - the OEM tires are Bridgestone Turanzas, what other tires are OEM? Are these Turanzas any good?

Ted

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not sure how your Bridgestone Turanzas compare to my tires. My 6mt sedan came with W-rated Goodyears from the factory. It's been my understanding that these are the "standard" tires for 6mt sedans.

Where did you purchase the car? I'm in NC... maybe they ship with different OEM tires depending on destination...

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine has V Rated All Season Goodyears, which I believe is standard for the Winter Package.

Joe
G35 6MT Black/Graphite
GS 455 4 Speed
GN SFI Turbo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in Edmonton, Canada. Maybe the Turanza's are better in the snow, because we get a lot of winter here.

Ted

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G-Man

Not sure how your Bridgestone Turanzas compare to my tires. My 6mt sedan came with W-rated Goodyears from the factory. It's been my understanding that these are the "standard" tires for 6mt sedans.

Where did you purchase the car? I'm in NC... maybe they ship with different OEM tires depending on destination...

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the Turanza's as well. I am located in NY and my dealer told me that all of the sedans with my options come with these tires. I don't know how truthful that was though.

2003.5 5AT Sedan/ Black Obsidian/ Graphite Leather/ Sport/ Premium/ Navigation/ Aero/ Winter

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Mine came with W Rated Goodyear GS-D tires. I'm in Texas near Houston where we don't get a lot of snow. According to tirerack.com though, the Turanzas are rated a 4.3 out of 10 for snow traction, so I doubt that has anything to do with anything.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
96 Posts
Interesting, Lead. Any idea how the tread pattern compares to our tires? What is the speed rating of the Turanzas?

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Wow interesting how different places come with different tires. I will check on mine during lunch...not sure which mine came with but I bought mine in the Houston area like Lead...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
G-man,

Not sure if other sites have tire comparisons, but Tirerack.com has a feature where you can select tires and compare them side by side. The treadwear on the Goodyears is 180 and on the Turanzas is 260. Quite a difference.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Goodyears in tha house!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Oops, sorry. I just re-read your post and noticed it said tread pattern and not treadwear. Take a look:

Goodyear:

Bridgestone:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My Goodyears have 180 treadwear, and they are the stickiest factory tires I have ever owned.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
254 Posts
Not sure what it has to do with, but i have gs-d on my 03.5 at sedan, but the loaners i get at the dealer have turanza's, and the car breaks loose way, way, way easier with the turanza's than with the gdyr--I'm in NC, and when we had snow, the goodyears really weren't all that bad in that either[?]

CMEGOBYU
G35s Pearl,Sport,Aero

·
Registered
96 Posts
What is the speed rating on the Turanzas?

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think it is v-rated on the turanzas which is like to 149 or so--gdyr gsd's are w rated which is to like 168 or so--neither of these speeds are anything we would drive at consistently, so imp thing is that the higher rated tires are usually softer so they are stickier[8D]

CMEGOBYU
03.5 G35s Pearl,Sprt,Aero

1 - 16 of 16 Posts