Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i think back on this, i was stupid. but it was fun. merging onto MOPAC from Hwy 183 this evening, i notice a black EVO that had been tailing me. merging into the road, he swerves over to the far left lane. i somewhat expected it, so i was in 3rd. i see him punch it and so do i. i stopped his momentum on me and was actually gaining but there was a car in my lane as i shift to 4th. i let off, let him go by, change lanes and then floor it again. even though he passed me, when i got back into the gas, he lead did not increase on me 1 inch. now i wasnt gaining. shift to 5th, and the distance remains the same. i have no doubt had there not been a car in front of me, i would have laid the smack down on his candy ass. the stupid part is that i was on the phone with my girl the whole time[banghead]. so im shifting with my right hand and holding the phone with my left............no hand on the wheel at over 100. absolute lunacy. i feel ashamed and victorious at the same time. that will NEVER happen again. next time ill hang up[angel]

Doc

PS the car in front of me was the only other car that i saw, so traffic was very light.....

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
818 Posts
Dr.....I thought you had tranny problems?? How'd that go??[timebomb]

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero/Prem

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shhhhh........take it to the dealer in the morning.

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Beating out a Rally inspired car in straight line accelleration isn't exactly grounds for dismissal. That's not the point of the car.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

Beating out a Rally inspired car in straight line accelleration isn't exactly grounds for dismissal. That's not the point of the car.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

but that rally-inspired does the quarter in the mid 13's. last i checked there were no switch-backs on the drag-strips[bigeyes] i just thought that it would be faster............in that straight line.

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
48 Posts
i test drove one when i was still in the market. They are really fast but i hated the interior. I've seen better interiors in a golf cart at a muni golf course

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">but that rally-inspired does the quarter in the mid 13's. last i checked there were no switch-backs on the drag-strips i just thought that it would be faster............in that straight line.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I see what you mean. Perhaps it depends on low speed accelleration to get it a bit ahead and having already been moving pretty fast, it had lost its advantage. Then again, perhaps the guy couldn't drive a stick for shit and didn't understand how necessary it is to keep a Turbo in high revs.

Joola,

You forgot to mention, along with the ugly interior, it's hideous on the outside too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am surprised. The EVO really kicks in at speed, it is hella sluggish off the line if you don't drop it from 5000rpm or so.

1SICKLEX's words and comments do not reflect Lexus corp, ClubLexus nor his mother's.....

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I know what you mean about that flyover from 183N to Mopac N. When there's nobody around, it's crazy fun, but if there's even one other car going slow (by which I mean the speed limit), you don't have enough time to pass so you're stuck behind them till you get on the highway. Then, more often than not, they head straight for the left lane and stay at 60 [dunno]

·
Registered
48 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

you forgot to mention, along with the ugly interior, it's hideous on the outside too.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
my mistake[banghead]. wont happen again.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yeah not too sure why you were catching up to him Rick. But I think it would have to do with the Turbo and maybe him shifting at lower RPM's. I think both cars are almost dead even in HP and Torque and he has about a 200-300 weight advantage on your too I believe. Bad driver if you ask me! But either way congrats on the race...[:D]

'03.5 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Black Leather | Sport

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
chaz also remember that he had more drivetrain loss with the AWD than i do. i just basically wanted to see how i stacked up with dude. im very happy, at least from a roll.......

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
85 Posts
im actually not surprised at the outcome.......the thing about the EVO's all wheel drive is that it has killer grip from a standstill, which is what enables it to go 13 in the quarter. but from a roll, especially 40-50 mph, it probably doesnt have enough guts to out-do a torquey 6MT

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint...cause I'm broke." - Anonymous

1 - 14 of 14 Posts