Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my G35 Sedan 6MT. everything is great except when i shift from 1st gear to Neutral the clutch or something else is making a clucking sound. this also happens when i shift from 1st to 2nd. i noticed if i'm accelerating very fast it doesn't make the noise.

is this a big problem, or something normal??

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey bro, I had and still have that problem, but its not a problem according to the dealer which is all good, it's a sport car they said, coupes, sedans, and 350Z have that they said. Peace out

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT, Ivory Pearl w/Black and Aerodynamics Body Kit with Spoiler.19" Bling Blings.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!!

anyone else with this 'problem'? it ain't really that noisy when i shift but still, just don't want any problems.

·
Registered
119 Posts
so...do what the rest of us do: Accelerate fast and then come back and tell us how bad your gas mileage is. Seriously, mine was a little "clunky" too for the first 2500 miles or so. Then I started really paying ateention and practicing my timing of shifting and the noise went away. It took me a good 5000 miles and a couple hours in a parking lot to get it worked out. Universty Parking lots are the best beacuse they don't have as many speed bumps, and they are usually fairly empty at night and on the weekends.

best of luck

G35/S/6MT DP over Graphite, Premium.

·
Registered
37 Posts
SoG35 I have a similar problem on my G. When I shift from 1st to 2nd I get resistance going into the gate and once it goes in it makes a clunk noise as well. I'm taking mine in next friday to get it checked out plus a noise out of my passenger back right window is making a noise like someone is throwing small peebles at it when i hit bumps etc...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I used to get a bit of a clunk when pressing the clutch in the first couple of gears, but realized it was due to the clutch plate being loaded down.

It can easily be avoided by using the throttle to match the speed of the car before pressing the clutch. In other words, don't press the clutch in while the engine is braking the car, give it some throttle to ease the tension on the clutch plates.

-----
6MT Sedan-Brilliant Silver-Premium-Aero-Winter

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Man I have the same problem took it in and dealer said it was normal. I don't know maybe it is but damn I'm soo annoyed. This doesn't seem normal, other clutches never did this:(

DG 6MT Baby G! 'The rice is mightier than the corn'

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I recall this was in another post before and the noise was explained as normal in a car with a double mass flywheel ... I think ... I'm prolly a lil off but many others have had the same noise and determined that it is normal for the car's setup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts