Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard or seen any info on a chip mod for the G?

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I've heard there will be one, but I don't "think" it's out yet. Only specs I've heard are simply rumors, but people are saying between 20 and 30 HP increase. Not sure about the torque numbers.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The rumors I've heard are 40-50hp to the engine, so 30-40 at the wheel which seems way to good to be true. Someone on another forum claimed we'd see it in the next few months, but so far I've seen nothing I'd call even remotely substantive.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
WOW Im all over it if its really 30-40HP gain to the wheels...but it does seem high for a naturally aspirated car with an add-on chip...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chaz

WOW Im all over it if its really 30-40HP gain to the wheels...but it does seem high for a naturally aspirated car with an add-on chip...

'03 G35 Sedan.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

DITTO...[bigeyes]

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder if Nismo products would Void any warranty...

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
203 Posts
<font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS"><font size="4"></font id="size4"><font color="blue"></font id="blue">Man, putting the G35 sc over 300 horses is something that I'd very down with. I must have the chip......It will be mine...[}:)]

---"Watch out for that Mitsubishi Eclipse!!"------"Don't worry, the G35 can take 'em for all they're worth."---

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by FLaCo

I wonder if Nismo products would Void any warranty...

FLaCo = SKiNNy

Nismo == Nissan. That's the whole point. They don't.

They tend to be more expensive as a result.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I figured that Semi, but i also figured that in order not to void any warranty i will have install anything through the dealer.

Any thoughts on this?

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
You're probably right. However, it should be noted that modifications only void the warranty in the case that you actually have a problem and the problem can be traced to the modification. Then it only voids the warranty on that problem and not all together.

At least that's what some guys said on another forum. No idea of the validity but I'm sure a call to your dealer would give you final word.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Similar to Toyota's TRD parts, if dealer installed, your existing warranty will not be voided:

Here is a link with statements by Ron Stukenberg, Nissan senior manager of motorsports marketing and operations:
http://www.shopcrown.com/nissan_future_nismo.php

Notice towards the bottom, "The Nismo parts will carry the factory warranty. If installed by a dealer, the part will be covered as long as the vehicle is in warranty. If installed by a customer, the part will have a one-year, 12,000-mile warranty."

peace

·
Registered
3 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by gumbee

Similar to Toyota's TRD parts, if dealer installed, your existing warranty will not be voided:

Here is a link with statements by Ron Stukenberg, Nissan senior manager of motorsports marketing and operations:
http://www.shopcrown.com/nissan_future_nismo.php

Notice towards the bottom, "The Nismo parts will carry the factory warranty. If installed by a dealer, the part will be covered as long as the vehicle is in warranty. If installed by a customer, the part will have a one-year, 12,000-mile warranty."

peace

Nismo parts will carry warranty EXCEPT for the ones designated "off-road" in which case you'll be paying out the butt for something that you could get cheaper for the same thing. Do you realize that most NISMO parts are made by outside companies such as JWT, Hot Shot, etc? I would say JWT would be your best resource for real power. Basically don't hold your breath for NISMO. Just get a turbo.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Nice pic El Gabito, thanks for the info.

You can edit posts, just click the icon that looks like a piece of paper with a a pencil on it.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Maybe the chip makes that kind of power only in combination with a good popcharger intake systems such as the stillen K&N's?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by owensG35

Originally posted by El Gabito

So what does this mean? Can we acquire these mods from these guys?

Is there a website?

The latest developements so far are exhaust systems and cold-air intakes. Chips and a supercharger system are soon to be adapted to the G35's since they already have a prototype version for the 350Z that should be released this spring...

XL

·
Registered
172 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by owensG35

Is there a website?

The latest developements so far are exhaust systems and cold-air intakes. Chips and a supercharger system are soon to be adapted to the G35's since they already have a prototype version for the 350Z that should be released this spring...

XL

Where can i get the cold air intake and exhaust good brand and cheap for my g35 sedan?

·
Registered
2 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by subrobo

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

Is there a website?

XL

Where can i get the cold air intake and exhaust good brand and cheap for my g35 sedan?

Injen CAI for coupe/sedan is $215 at adventon.com

1 - 20 of 25 Posts