Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an update to a previous thread I started about the next RX7:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been close to a decade since the last RX-7 was produced. Feast your eyes on the picture below. What you see is a never before seen picture of the new RX-7. The famous rotary engine will be used but they will be doing a full upgrade to produce more horsepower. The design of the car, shown below, looks a lot different from the last generation RX-7 but it still retains certain styling cues.

The new engine in development should produce over 280hp -- well in competition range for the 350Z. The new engine might have a new type of rotary system. Suspension and frame may also be borrowed from the RX-8. The competition is ready, but now it's Mazda's turn to show the public the potential of the new RX-7.

Source: Autofiend.com

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S
2001 Lexus RX300 Silversport

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Can't see the pic Gav, maybe the host is down. [dunno]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There.... This server does not like akamai redirected images. Why?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Any idea of other specs, like weight, Gav? I'm guessing that it would be substantially lighter then the G.

It's the bulletin board system (Snitz)... doesn't like the way that Akamai redirects their URL's. I usually just remove the Akamai preface, but then the load is on the original server, which sucks. But it's the only way the images will show here!

2003 G35 Coupe | 6-speed | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Sirius

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
still too hard to tell whether or not I'll like that new design? Has some interesting characteristics, but I don't know yet... will have to see more pics.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
It looks pretty ricey from that pic. I SOOOO wish they could have captured the sex appeal of the last RX-7.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VQ got it, on the Akamai issue. Whenever you cant see an image just remember it's probably due to the akamai piece in the front, so if I forget to remove it, please do so.

About the weight, I am only guessing it will be light. The previous RX7 was pretty light as well. It was one of the major requests from the design team about that car. To stay as light as possible that is. So I am guessing that the new RX7 will be in the low 2900s. That should make it a 5.5 second car for the 60 easily.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S
2001 Lexus RX300 Silversport

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
2900 lbs would be NICE [8D]

2003 G35 Coupe | 6-speed | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Sirius

·
Registered
328 Posts
i like the way it looks only if it weren't for the tail...the rear spoiler is just a little too high in my opinion

2003.5 6MT Sedan

·
Registered
869 Posts
That looks like it belongs in a comic book, I'll wait till better sketches and even spy photos come out to make my judgement, for now everything will look exaggerated.

AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]

2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts