Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spy pics from Autocar

The next BMW 3-series is on the drawing boards and it will go on sale in 2006. The dimensions of this popular BMW, code-named E90, will most likely stay the same but the car will have improved interior space. We have more info and spy photos of this popular Beemer and it seems like a stunner.

The 2004 3-series will share styling cues with the BMW xActivity which shows the way for the upcoming X3 soft-roader.

Typical BMW the 2004 3-series will feature all-new high-tech electronic gizmos and it will probably also get a simplified version of BMW's I-drive system.

The next 3-series will have speed sensitive rack-and-pinion power steering incorporating BMW's new Active Front steering system.

Apparently the top models of the new 3-series will feature a new six-speed gearbox and BMW's slick SMG sequential shift transmission will be available as an option.

New advanced electro-hydraulic brakes will replace current all hydraulic system and DSC+T, Anti-lock brakes & CBC (Corner Braking Control) will also be standard on all models.

This midsize BMW will also feature adaptive headlamps that swivel to follow the angle of the front wheels to improve night-time visibility.

The car will be rear-wheel driven with MacPherson strut up front with Trapezoidal-shaped multi-link rear suspension. It will also share parts with BMW's new Golf 5 competitor, the 1-series.

It is still too early to tell what the engine range will be but as with the current range there will be four- and six-cylinder models.

But rumours have it that the re-engineered 6-Cylinder engines will feature the Valvetronic throttle system along with the third-generation version of the Vanos variable valve timing and direct injection from the 760i flagship.

It is also expected that BMW will introduce a new 3.6-litre V8 muscle engine developing more than 200kW. This model will bridge the gap between the 330i model and the M-version.

It is also known that the convertible and coupe models will be known as the 4-series. These sporty models' styling will be similar to the X Coupe concept car. The 4-series will also go on sale in 2006.

Therefore it seems that the next BMW M3 will actually be called the M4.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S
2001 Lexus RX300 Silversport

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The first pic, sans rims, looks cool. I also like the 3.6 V6 [boink]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I like it, but I also like the new 7 and the Z4. It still may be a bit too 7-ish for the Bimmer purists.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Additionally, VQ, I think those rims look similar to the ones on the Z4 which are very cool but full of snow. I may be mistaken though.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I can't really remember what the Z4 rims look like. I'm more of a spoke man, like the CL's 5 spoke and G35 18's. I also really like the rims on the IS300s and A4's with sport package (both 17's).

6-speed

·
Registered
2,221 Posts

That's what they look like on the Z4.

Clearly not the same, but looks like the same idea.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yeah I too am more of a spoke kind of guy. I love the new M3 rims...and of course the new G 18" rims are just the sweetest rims I have ever seen!

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

The first pic, sans rims, looks cool. I also like the 3.6 V6 [boink]

6-speed
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You mean 3.6 liter V8?

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S
2001 Lexus RX300 Silversport

·
Registered
632 Posts