Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang,

I've been looking at this gorgeous car for a couple of months now, and am planning to buy a new car within about 10 months time (wanna pay off all those [censored] student loans first). Currently I drive a VW Corrado VR6, and the other members of my Corrado Club think I'm nuts - which I probably am.

Just have a couple of questions before I decided to bite the bullet, and I figured, what better place than here!

1. Have there been any TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins aka Recalls) for the G35c yet, and if so, what?

2. What kind of wheel upgrades have any of you folks tried and liked?

3. I read on here that a few people don't advise getting the Bose system, is it really that bad, and if it is, what kind of systems have you been installing? My only beef with changing the stereo is that I would like to NOT modify the electronics of the car.

4. Does Stillen (or any other reputable manufacturer - Nismo?) make any aftermarket performance parts for the G35c?

5. Do you find yourself looking back at the car two or three times after you've parked it (I do this with my Corrado ALL THE TIME)?

6. How refined is the ride in the Coupe?

7. If you didn't get the G35c, what other cars were you looking to buy?

Okay, I think that should keep some of you busy for a while ;). I'll come back to see how you did in a few hours, and remember this will be part of your final grade so no cheating [cheers].

Gopal.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">No need to re-design your products or do large last time buys<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

None that I've received and I've had mine since the beginning of December.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">2. What kind of wheel upgrades have any of you folks tried and liked? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I have a 6MT with the premium package. There's no way in hell I'd swap out the 18" wheels that come with that package.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">3. I read on here that a few people don't advise getting the Bose system, is it really that bad, and if it is, what kind of systems have you been installing? My only beef with changing the stereo is that I would like to NOT modify the electronics of the car.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I don't care for it, but a lot of people on here seem to think it's fine. I suppose it's a matter of exposure. If you're an audiophile or used to really good sound, you may be disappointed. That said, it's part of the Premium package which adds some other stuff that are pretty cool to have.

If you decide to swap it out, I'd definitely stick with the deck as it's not the problem. The deck is a fine unit made by Clarion for Bose (Bose doesn't do any of their own electronics). The problem is the amp and speakers. You'll probably need a little adapter that converts the idiotic proprietary outputs on the deck into a line level connection for a good amp.

Read the audio forum for more of what I think on it and suggestions for brands to replace it.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
4. Does Stillen (or any other reputable manufacturer - Nismo?) make any aftermarket performance parts for the G35c?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Nothing is available yet beyond an air filter (cheap and easy way to pick up a couple extra HP and they can be cleaned rather than replaced) that I've seen. We're all kind of waiting for that. Some one on here mentioned that both Stillen and Nismo are working on some upgrades (including a supercharger!). At this point, the car is too new, but expect that to change.

It's marketed as the Skyline in Asia and Europe, a name that is very popular with the aftermarket tuners so I'm sure it will get proper treatment soon.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">5. Do you find yourself looking back at the car two or three times after you've parked it (I do this with my Corrado ALL THE TIME)?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yes.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">6. How refined is the ride in the Coupe?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Not very if you mean calm and comfortable ride, which is why I chose it. If you want family sedan ride comfort, buy the sedan or a 3-series Bimmer. This is a performance car and it drives like it.

People that don't like performance cars shouldn't buy them.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">7. If you didn't get the G35c, what other cars were you looking to buy?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

BMW 330ci
BMW Z4
Audi TT 225
Audi A4 3.0
Nissan 350Z
Acura CL Type S

Those are the main ones.

Regards,
Semi

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I agree with everything Semi said up through question 7 in which I agree with cwise. I have a sedan though and the ride is outstanding! Definately worth the investment.

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Hey Semi... you wanna buy a CL-S [:D]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Sorry man. It was just one of the cars I test drove. I'm all about my GC