Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

About a week ago, I got a windshield crack about 2 feet long from following a gravel truck on the freeway too closely while exiting. DOH!

Anyways I got it replaced at my Infiniti dealership today and they charged me $1,100 parts & labor. (They told me that the G35 is so new that the aftermarket windshields for it haven't yet been produced, so I had to pay for factory parts.)

I called my insurance to ask them if my premiums would rise if I filed a claim for a new windshield. The phone rep told me she didn't know... she was just a claim processor and that somebody at "corporate" made those decisions.

I live in the SF Bay Area and have a spotless driving record. Does anyone know if filing a claim for a windshield would increase my insurance? If so, by how much?

Thanks. I have 30 days from today to file.

-Drew
2003.5 G35 6MT black

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I wouldn't think it would raise your insurance. Oh and WOW that is a lot of money for a front windshield. I had a $500 deductible when I had my mustang and had my windshield replaced after a similar incident and it was less than $200. Oh and a friend's insurance did not cover stuff like that when it happened to him because it was considered a road hazard or something to that effect...

'03 AT Sedan | Twilight Blue | Willow Leather | Premium

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but insurance companies seem to have a way of increasing your rates whenever they can. I wouldn't be surprised if your rates went up because of this.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
68 Posts
learned my lesson a while back. Carry the full glass coverage on your insurance. with a zero deductible. especially if you EVER see snow.

i replaced on average one windshield a year when i lived in new york. after the first two i decided to carry full coverage on the glass.

BTW with my insurance (state farm in arizona) it would be covered under comprehensive claims and may or may not go on your rates.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts