Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i hadnt dynoed my car since it had like 700 miles on it and the opportunity came today. there were several s2000s there and a modded 350. to say the least i am very pleased with the numbers that i got. truthfully, i think that the dyno (mustang awd dyno. cool as hell) may have been a little optimistic, but the torque was very similar to the previous dyno. hmmmmmmm. maybe i broke it in properly[angel] anyway, here you go....

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx, gard. upon doing some research, i found out that mustangs usually dyno lower than typical dynos. i have dynoed cars in the past, and they were nowhere near as time consuming as this one. typing values for the car such as gearing, weight, etc. and then calibrating the machine to the car. ill take the numbers, though. a funny thing about today was there were like 5 or 6 s2000s there. half of which were modded with intakes, exhaust, etc. the stock cars, every one of them, dynoed on an average of 8 to 10 hp higher than the modded ones. so what does that say about all of these mods that we put on our cars????

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just for comparisons sake, i dug up the old dyno sheet from dec. doesnt look like the tq falls off nearly as much now.......

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dr. Rick, your great results tells us all at least a few things. First is at least part of the results are due to the car's being well broken in (and a great performing engine, to boot!). Second, we've all heard that dynos are all so different, one from the other. Maybe this is an example, or that different times, days, weather, etc. have a large effect (but with obvious good results for yours).
Finally, re the mods on the S2s vs. the stock cars, could it be the "company" engineers know what they're doing when they initially design cars???? Could be. I've heard of some mods on the G that do nothing and actually one example took away some torque, not much, but it was a big disappointment to the owner. Now, obviously the Crawford plenum and some of the other mods like the superchargers have a positive effect. But maybe some of the intakes, exhausts, etc. have a limited or no effect at all. It may be dollars spent for an emotional increase in performance, but not a real one. Drive on and enjoy that ride!

·
Registered
10 Posts
s2k do not respond well to basic mods, u actually lose hp after modding the car if u did not re-tune the AF map. my brother added I/E/H to his 2001 S2k with many hrs of tunning, he manage to squeeze another 27whp to the wheels. dynoed at 228whp. So i would say honda did a very good job at the factory.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd guess by looking at the 2nd dyno that the numbers are NOT corrected, meaning they're probably slightly higher than "real". You'll notice that your first dyno numbers were SAE corrected.

Sorry if I'm playing the role of naysayer here, but there's no way your car gained 20+ HP to the wheels just from break in. The first dyno (224 hp) is a lot more believable.

Also, there was a well documented case on the My350Z forum where several Zs were dynoed on a Mustang dyno and a couple of the heavily-modded Zs measured over 300 HP at the wheels!! One of those same cars was measured soon thereafter on a Dynojet at about 270 rwhp.

The best way to measure breakin gains is to use the same dyno and concentrate solely on the delta.

--Steve

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
awesome... how much money does it cost to dyno the car and how long does it take?

AIM: Jo3yf
'03.5 5AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver/Graphite | Premium | Winter | Heated Seats/mirrors
350z intake tube | Stillen CAB | Clear Corners | Drilled Pedals | Sick Audio Setup
View my car at http://www.cardomain.com/id/joebizz.

·
Registered
97 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by struan87

Hondacars.com sez 240hp.

You know what I drive.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Wow thats interesting... the other day i pulled up to an S2000 going about 30mph and we both floored it and I pulled on him the entire way (I think we were going about 65 or 70mph by the time we had to stop for a stoplight)... maybe it was an older model? (He also had his wife in the car... maybe she was a bit heavier than she looked ;-) )

-no sig this time

·
Registered
1 Posts
well i hadnt dynoed my car since it had like 700 miles on it and the opportunity came today. there were several s2000s there and a modded 350. to say the least i am very pleased with the numbers that i got. truthfully, i think that the dyno (mustang awd dyno. cool as hell) may have been a little optimistic, but the torque was very similar to the previous dyno. hmmmmmmm. maybe i broke it in properly[angel] anyway, here you go....

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude
Hi Dr. Just wanted to know if you have the 6mt? I have the 04 with the 6mt and was wanting an idea of the stock dyno numbers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts