Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

OK here is what I know:

These photos are VERY close to what we will see in dealers' showrooms. This car will be the same car for the world market (few variations due to rules and laws, etc.).

Cosworth has been called to help with the engine and Lotus with the suspension (as you can tell from the pics above). I see this as a serious attempt to make this one state-of-the-art sports car.

As I have posted here before, the decision has been made to twin turbocharge the existing 3.5 liter V6 found in the Z and other Nissan and Infiniti cars. The goal is 400HP but it looks like Europe might end up getting 350HP due to emissions reasons. Torque goals is 490 Nm and 450Nm for Europe.

OK. The turbos are electric!

This will be an AWD vehicle of course probably with 3 differentials. The mid-differential will allocate torque between the 2 axles not only according to available friction levels, but also according to engine RPM. Hmmm...

A 6 speed manual from Getrag will be used initially and later (end of 2004) there will be a !!! CVT tranny. Hmmm...that is very impressive for that level of torque.

The car will use the same platform as the G35 Coupe.

Lotus has helped to develop a hydraulic-active suspension. According to Lotus, the above will give the car 2 faces. It will make it satisfy both European drivers (who prefer sporty handling over comfort), as well as USA drivers who's priorities are the exact opposite.

Brakes use "brake by wire" technology from Brembo.

That's it for now.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S
2001 Lexus RX300 Silversport

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
eeeewww. I don't like what they've done to the headlights and front grill. Other than that, I think it looks quite nice...though it could use better wheels.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance | G35iPod.com</font id="size1">

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Ru_G36c

That is gorgeous...anyone know if there is any truth behind any of this?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Gavriil wouldn't steer us wrong. All of his other posts are well sourced and documented. I think it is safe to trust this one as well.

Gav, it's good to see you back. You have been gone for a while, no?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
That's one hell of a return post, Gav.

My ONLY complaint about the appearance is the gay little GTR emblem dead center in the front. It just looks out of place and gives the face too much of a Mitsu look.

Otherwise, it's a pretty hot looking car.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Well before people get anymore excited ... I did bring this post back from a year ago. I just wanted to know if anyone has heard word about this thing since then.

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
OK more GTR stuff. I was cruising another forum and brought back some pics, some of which we have probably seen (then again maybe not).

This one's from Road & Track:

The latest one I have seen:

There was one more, but it's slightly bigger than 100k and I don't know how to resize, so sorry.

I will say now that I am not too enthusiastic about the one from R&T. However, I would kill to get the silver/white one in the second picture.

"you will rue this day....well go on start ru-ing" Stewie Griffin

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
I'm with you Boggie, the last one is the BEST concept of the new GTR that I have seen to date. Carlos G. has only said that it will not be overly priced (or something to that effect).

I would think that Nissan is targeting the M3 market (maybe M5 too?), so my best guess is $50k to $70k. I am already thinking about what I would need to do to save enough to get one.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
The second pics looks freaking awesome. I'm still not a fan of the first one. The second looks like an extreme variation of the last gen Skyline GTR

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I am already thinking about what I would need to do to save enough to get one. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Great Minds think a like Gzire....to bad I can't even afford a roll of toilet paper... [:(]

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
I'll buy you the toilet paper, but you're on your own for the GTR.[:D]

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
That second pic of the GTR looks amazing!
I can't wait to see those on the roads.

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
Unfortunately the second one is not official. That was done by some independent with no affiliation to Nissan. I wish Nissan would look the guy up and buy his design.

·
Registered
649 Posts
The first one looks like a Pontiac. I really like the second one, unlike anything else on the road. The last one is ok from the front wheels back. If it is $70,000, then it will have steep competition from a lot of vehicles(I like my G, but if I spend $70,000 it will be for a Viper).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts