Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the exterior appearance of this new car?

I think it looks rather appealing. A little bland in areas, but a great improvement in the car. It has a number of downfalls that steer me away from it, other than its parent company.

1. Power: the largest availible engine is a 2.0 Turbo.
2. Drivetrain: it is unfortunatly FWD (some may disagree).
3. Interior: The interior is still rather plastic and bland, something from leftover mid 90's German cars it seems.

As for price, it competes directly with the G35 Sedan (high 20k's to mid 30k's w/options)

AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]

2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
From the only angle shown, I think it looks pretty slick and sporty. I'd have to see the rest of it before making the call though. The interior looks nice too.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I like the exterior, but the interior is pretty cheap. Sat in one at the car show and broke the cup holder!

Saab also should have offerred larger engines. Especially in their Vector model. I don't understand why they didn't make a statement with the power.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is exactly my point... I like the car, and it has a very sporty appeal to it, but its downfall is it's inability to compete performance wise, options wise and price wise. This is really a car that should be up against the Altima/Mazda 6/Accord V6. The price says otherwise.

AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]

2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I'm with you guys... outside, [thumbup] - inside, [thumbdn]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

I like the exterior, but the interior is pretty cheap. Sat in one at the car show and broke the cup holder!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hey V,

Those things aren't made to hold 64oz. Big Gulps you know. [lol]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Seriously! By the way, I LOVE the "cup holders" built into the side door pockets in the coupe. What a great idea. Something I always used to do in my old cars, but usually ended up smashing the cup!

2003 G35 Coupe | 6-speed | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Sirius

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I still haven't used mine yet... and may never use them at all since the glove box is so tiny I have to put my "stuff" in the door pockets.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

Seriously! By the way, I LOVE the "cup holders" built into the side door pockets in the coupe. What a great idea. Something I always used to do in my old cars, but usually ended up smashing the cup!

You actually use those for cups? I'm always nervous they'll dump crap into the car. I do use them periodically for cans and they're ideal for smaller water bottles (fulfilling my young yuppy image...).

Speaking of being yuppy scum, did I ever mention I bought a watch that happens to match my G perfectly?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Cups, bottles, cans, it seems to hold them all really well. Keeps them in easy reach for stop lights and outta the way while driving. [cheers]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

Speaking of being yuppy scum, did I ever mention I bought a watch that happens to match my G perfectly?
Do tell...

·
Registered
2,221 Posts

The face is almost identical to Diamond Graphite.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
very nice, Semi...

whaddya think of THIS one? It's NOT mine (especially since it costs about the same as one of our cars!)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I just pull out my cell phone. Haven't worn a watch in years. [lol]

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
I watch comes in handy, when you want to end a meeting you just glance at watch. If they notice and ask you if you need to go somewhere you just say my Ridlin wears off in about ten minutes.[hypno]

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette
2003 S10 Extended cab
1991 Honda CRXsi

1 - 16 of 16 Posts