Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching MotorWeek on PBS yesterday and they did a segment on this new Mustang. I was pretty surprised when they displayed the 1/4 mile results at 13.9 seconds. Seems pretty weak for a muscle car that's supposed to be known for speed. When you consider we've had some G35 sedans hit the quarter at 14.1 the Mach 1 figures aren't very impressive. Then again, it is a Ford. [:D]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The Mustang wasn't intended to be a super sports car when originally designed. It was a light, cheap, fun car, the miata of its time, really. Regardless, that's actually pretty good for a stock car. We're just spoiled.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yes for the price it's not bad at all. Anything under 14 flat is pretty fast/good for a sports car. All the new luxury sedans just keep getting faster and faster since people like speed. Also don't forget the G35 is the fastest among luxury sport sedans...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I think 13.6-13.7 is more realistic for that car. Motorweek has been slow with other cars in the past. Look for more tests.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S
2001 Lexus RX300 Silversport

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Mustang Mach 1 is inteneded as eye candy and the end of
the line for this current and old chasis of the stang. Next gen
stangs will be more powerful and done with the retro theme as many
of you have already seen in mags and online sites. If you want the best bang for the buck car youre hard pressed to put down the current cobra. The stated HP is 390 but in actuality is more like 423. Dont get me wrong I really like my G a lot; I traded in my mustang for it for chimminy sake. But the proofs in the pudding and that there critter has it pouring out.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yes Porsche the new Cobra is a great bang for the buck. I did hear they were dynoing around 370 to 380 to the rear which would figure it is pushing out well more than 400hp at the crank. The only big negative the stangs have is they are relatively heavy compared to a lot of 'other' super sport cars.

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
True, the reason why I steered clear of one this go around was the fact that no matter how optimistic I get with the Ford logo I always have issues with them. Tranny this, engine that. Man, toooooo much crap to take. I thought really hard on how much true driving pleasure I derived from my last stang, and I would say in the five + years I owned it maybe less than a weeks worth. In the last ten days since I purchased my G35 every day is getting better and better. Im finding little things in the way it maneuvers and accelerates that makes me giddy like a little kid. Way toooo much fun. Dont get me wrong Im still a mustang man, although I hope the next one will atleast be reliable.[^]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts