Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the new Maxima? I saw one on the road today and really liked it. It was a 3.5 SE. The back end and profile were nice... nice wheels too. I didn't really get a good look at the front as I passed. Those things start at like $26,000 too [:O]

But, if you go to the Nissan site and build one... they have some big and very expensive packages!

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I like the 350Zish front end, however the back looks like a Saturn Ion. It will take allot of yeast for this bread to grow for me! [hammer]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like the rear bucket seats too. Cuts down on the number of people you can squeeze in the back, but I'd rather have too people sitting comfortably then 3 smashed in!

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I agree with you V. I too really like it when I first saw it in person at the Houston Auto Show. I haven't seen one on the road yet but can't wait. Love the back how they did the bucket seats to make it strictly a 4 seater...nice front as well. The power is really nice as well...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
So has anyone raced a new max yet? Let's hear it!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Not sure how I missed this thread earlier...

You know, I'm not too wild about certain aspects of the new Max. Here are my peeves:

1. shield on front grille. looks a little odd to me.
2. unusual sunroof. From the nissan site, it looks like the sunroof extends from the front to the back as 1 long narrow strip. But when you look at the interior 360 view, it looks a little different. I wonder what's up? Do they have 2 different sunroofs?

Other than that, I think the car is pretty nice. I even like the old dodge charger-style rear window "flares."

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Rear center console is kick ass! I would miss my 5th and 6th passenger from time to time though...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

Rear center console is kick ass! I would miss my 5th and 6th passenger from time to time though...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

heh heh... the man never drives alone! [:D]

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
From what I've heard, th biggest complaint about the funky sunroof (which I think is pretty innovative and cool) is that it doesn't actually open. The front and rear panels (inside) open seperately, but just to let in the light. I think you can also get it with a regular sunroof though.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

The front and rear panels (inside) open seperately, but just to let in the light. I think you can also get it with a regular sunroof though.
That would make more sense... I spent a good deal of time looking at those QTVRs trying to figure out what was up?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Like Lead said, inside the car there is a split between the front and rear, the outside is one piece of glass though. The full opening sunroof is optional.

AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]

2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Speaking of sunroofs, who is loving the one touch open on our Gs? [:D]

XL

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I love the one touch on the sunroof as well as the windows. Such a simple feature, but so convenient. [thmsup]

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

I love the one touch on the sunroof as well as the windows. Such a simple feature, but so convenient. [thmsup]

I know what you mean. Before this car, I used to always complain about cars that had auto down, on the drivers side and that's it. Would it have been so hard to add it to all the windows and also add auto up like they did on the G?

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot
Would it have been so hard to add it to all the windows and also add auto up like they did on the G?

[dunno]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts