Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just picked up my G about a week ago and have around 900 miles on it so far. I love the car [thmsup], but hate the payments [thmsdn].

Anway, I noticed that two console pieces don't quite fit together perfectly. There's a slight gap on one side. It's not very large, and I didn't notice it for a few days, but now I see it all the time. Is this something I should mention to my dealer, or do you think I'm just being too picky? This is my first brand new car so I really don't know what to expect from it. Part of me says "yeah, you just spent $33,000 make sure it's perfect!" while the other me says I'm nitpicking.

What do you think I should do? I can press the lower piece up so it fits nice, but it doesn't stay put.

Thanks!

PS: After the first 2 days of driving I suddenly realized that the seat controls are in a very bad location rendering the seat uncomfortable to my right leg. Why did they design such a stupid seat? The left and right leg bolsters feel completely different. I intend to complain to my dealer, but don't see there's going to be anything they can do other than relay the message onto Infiniti in hopes that next year they'll put in a different seat.

6MT Sedan-Sliver-Premium-Aero-Winter-Trunk mat with Infiniti logo :)

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Daring what are the two console pieces that do not fit together...I can check on mine to see if I agree but I have not found ANY console pieces on my car the whole year I have had it that do not seem to 'fit' together. Also I love where the seat controls are very nice and convenient...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Can you take a picture of it and post it so we know what you're talking about. I'll check on mine as well, but I haven't noticed any fitting problems.

I agree with Chaz about the seat controls. They're in a different place than any other car I've seen, but once you know they're there, its the best place for them. Do you prefer to have them on the side of the seat wedged against the door where you can't see them? What do you suggest?

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The lower piece fits around the shifter, while the upper fits around the radio and temp controls. They join right below the radio. I'd show a pic but my camera is out of service right now.

Glad you like the seats, the controls are convenient but it pushes against my leg. I'll keep experimenting with different seat positions and see if it gets better.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Daring, mine is a 5AT so the bottom piece is probably different, but I'll check it and make sure tonight and I'll let you know.

Here's a picture of where I believe the problem to be. Is this correct?

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
96 Posts
Daring-
I thought that I was the only nit-picker in here! I, too, have the same "problem" on my car. I believe the problem only exists on manual sedans, as I have looked at several other G35's to confirm. The gap is slightly larger on the driver's side, and, yes, you can move it up a tad by hand, but of course it won't stay. My guess is that the manual tranny was relatively hastily fitted to the G, thereby falling a bit short in the fit-and-finish department. It's not too bad, but I will bring it up at my first visit to the dealer.

I like the seat controls for 2 reasons... first, you can easily adjust the passenger seat if necessary, and second, you can barely reach the memory seat buttons as it is... we don't need any more buttons down there to cramp things up!

By the way, Lead Foot, where did you get the photo of the 6mt? Must have been the web?

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G-Man
By the way, Lead Foot, where did you get the photo of the 6mt? Must have been the web?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It's actually from this forum. It's a picture of Easy2speed's ride.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

Daring, mine is a 5AT so the bottom piece is probably different, but I'll check it and make sure tonight and I'll let you know.

Here's a picture of where I believe the problem to be. Is this correct?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah, that's it exactly, thanks for the pic.

G-Man, sorry to hear I'm not alone! I'm definitely going to mention it when I go get my first oil change.

As far as the seat controls go, I do like them up on top! But I wish they wouldn't have integrated them so far into the side cushion. There's plenty of room between the control unit and the console, so I think they could've moved it to the right a couple of inches, or recessed it down enough to allow the side cushion to expand a bit more. An extra inch would make a lot of difference, at least for me anyway (I'm 6' 180lbs). It's not unbearable, but just uncomfortable enough for me to notice it on a long cruise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts