Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I’m new on this forum page . I just changed only the serpentine belts yesterday the first two startup there was no squealing . Short later that day every startup up it squealed like crazy and notice that sometimes it squeals longer than before I changed them but the squealing will stop while I’m driving and it’s won’t squeak at all while driving , my old belts did . I have noticed that on one of my startups while it was squeaking I turn off the heat and the squealing stopped . So I turned on the car without heat and it squeaked only for the startup for a sec . Could it be that didn’t put enough tension on the belts or could it be that I need new idler/tension pulleys . But like I said I’m only having this issue at startup . Driving there is no squeaking at all . I have an 06 G35 coupe with 86k miles . Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
What brand belts are you using? I had that issue and swapped out to Goodyear Poly V Gator back belts and the squealing went away.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those are good too. I had Denso and got rid of them. Maybe an issue with the tensioner. Whatever you do don't put any of that belt dressing crap on it..

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts