Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread here about this car, I posted that the latest info calls for the 5 series to have toned down its exciting design we saw in the first photos and scetches. And I think it is obvbious by this, nearly finished, car.

Autospies say:

"This more conservative 5, is the result of the mixed reactions of the current 7-series design. BMW couldn’t afford to screw this one up as it’s one of their “bread and butter” vehicles. You can see from the camouflage on the front lights hiding the large LED lighting strip above the headlights."

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S
2001 Lexus RX300 Silversport

·
Registered
30 Posts
Another Bimmer that looks like every other Bimmer! Last time I got excited about a BMW is when I bought a 750iL the first year they came out.

12 cylinders of sweet power, was I in heaven! (NOT!) What a great car to drive when it wasn't in the service center and there lies the problem. That car spent more time in the BMW garge than mine. I felt like I was driving a test mule for BMW while they worked the bugs out.

But the story has a somewhat happy ending. On it's last trip in for yet another service problem someone walked into the BMW garage and stole the car! BMW was very good about it and had me in a brand new one within a couple of days for a relatively small sum of money. To this day I truely believe they called "Uncle Luige" to make the problem go away.

I guess the bad experience still resonates in my bones and I just can't get very excited about what BMW has to offer.

'03 6MT (6-Speed Coupe)
Diamond Graphite/Willow

1 - 2 of 2 Posts