Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went out to my car to take a look and see if it was pre-wired. I have a car that is under the VIN cutoff, but I was told to check anyway. I pulled my rear tire out and removed the plastic piece on the left. Reference left when you are looking into the trunk. Right next to where the tire went was the bose amp and just to the left of that is a white connector with nothing attached. Does this mean mine is pre-wired? If so, where can I order the kit online? Any help is greatly appreciated and if you guys have SAT let me know what you think

·
Registered
818 Posts
Was considering the SAT Radio, till I learned that I would be stuck with this ugly shark-fin antenna on my rear glass...[irk]

What's the mfg date on your car??

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero/Prem

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone has to have done this before. I am really curious if Sirius or XM is the way to go. I also heard that putting the antennae in the rear deck works. The date on my car is 12/02

'03 G35 6MT Black Obsidian/Graph/Aero/Prem/Clear side markers/Drilled aluminum pedals

GFG1-5's on the way

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm pretty sure you're S.O.L. with that mfg date...SAT Prewire's from what I heard, were from 3/03 on....not 100% sure 'bout that...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I originally thought the same thing until David from Grubb's told me I had better check. Now that I see the available white connector sticking up there, it makes me wonder. Anyone with SAT in their car, please chime in here. Also I am looking to find out which one is better. Thanks

Josh

'03 G35 6MT Black Obsidian/Graph/Aero/Prem/Clear side markers/Drilled aluminum pedals

GFG1-5's on the way

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Josh, if you have the white connector, you're set. That plug goes right up into the head unit's SAT input plug. Basically an extension so you don't have to tear the car apart. Go to www.infinitiwholesaleparts.com and order the Sat receiver. I have Sirius and love it ($12.95, no commercials on music streams), but XM is supposedly just as good ($9.95 with commercials).

I will have directions up soon, I need to open up the trunk again since when I did the install I did not have a camera. Plug the receiver into the white plug, connect the ground wire, mount your antenna (I recommend running the wiring under the trunk liner, then up onto the rear parcel shelf), then sign up! It took me all of about 45 minutes from the time I received the package to the time I was listening to Sirius!

Good luck. [cheers]

2003 G35 Coupe | 6-speed | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Sirius

·
Registered
550 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1CRAZMOFO

Was considering the SAT Radio, till I learned that I would be stuck with this ugly shark-fin antenna on my rear glass...[irk]

What's the mfg date on your car??

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm with you on this one...The fin is really butt ugly.[thmsdn] Its totally deterring me from going for Satellite.

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Mine is mounted under the glass on the rear parcel shelf (by the rear speakers/3rd brake light)... reception is great! And if you had your windows tinted, wouldn't even be able to see it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
VQ,
How did you stick it down tothe shelf?

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I have it just resting on top, the rubber on the bottom keeps it from sliding around.

·
Registered
818 Posts
VQ...Any pics on how it looks??? (Ant. on rear shelf)

Considering this option....

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Inifiti quoted me $340 for the receiver and $180 to install it. Sounds to me like a rip for installation? Don't like the antenna. If it was internal it would be okay though.

03 Laser Red 6MT | Willow int | No fancy stuff | 30% Tint and 3M Clear Bra

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Go to www.infinitiwholesaleparts.com, they have them for $280. And you can install it yourself in about 30 minutes, that price quote is a rip off. All you have to do is plug it in!

You can mount it internally, the rear shelf works perfectly.

I'll try to snap some pics tonight.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

Go to www.infinitiwholesaleparts.com, they have them for $280. And you can install it yourself in about 30 minutes, that price quote is a rip off. All you have to do is plug it in!

You can mount it internally, the rear shelf works perfectly.

I'll try to snap some pics tonight.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Thanks, Bud. I appreciate it. I can do that! [bowdown]

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
No problem! I have a writeup that's going in the tech guide shortly... just need to take pictures of the process [8D]

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was specifically told by my dealer, that if I did intstallation myself (or had any after market installs done) that it would void my warranty on my car. :( I wanted to do some DVD mod to my navi and they said if I did anything like this they would not honor the warranty...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yes, the navi mod would most likely void the warranty on the navi. But installing sat yourself will absolutely not. If they say it does, ask them to prove that your install screwed it up. That's required by law... they have to honor your warranty, unless they can prove that.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xenon

I was specifically told by my dealer, that if I did intstallation myself (or had any after market installs done) that it would void my warranty on my car. :( I wanted to do some DVD mod to my navi and they said if I did anything like this they would not honor the warranty...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Just a point of reference, how could they be sure you didn't have it installed by another dealer? [:I]

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Brad, I read on G35driver.com that a couple of the guys originally had theirs on the rear shelf and frequently had their reception drop. After they put it on the outside, it went away. Just thought I would ask how often you drop reception. They did say that it was when they were driving through wooded areas. Unfortunately here in South Carolina we have trees everywhere. I hope that I do not have a problem with reception. It should be here on Monday and I will post pics along with a description of the install if you want. I still do not know how to post pics in a thread though. Any help there would be greatly appreciated.

GFG1-5's on the way

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Reception only drops in heavily wooded areas. But I rarely drive through the woods. Reception internally can be boosted by placing a piece of metal under the antenna. Obviously, reception is best when mounted to the car's metal trunk or roof. However, if you don't like the looks, you can still get very good reception on the rear shelf.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts