Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have an R order black black coupe arriving soon, but my dads insurance company, Mercury, is giving me outrageous quotes. I was wondering if anyone around my age (16) can tell me what company,their rates, coverage , deductible, and what state they are located. If any one has any suggestions on what I can do to get insurance for about 4 grand a year that would be great!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
If you dad, as an employee (or owner?) of a company can't get you a good deal, I doubt many can... donpalombella is right. 16 in ANY sports car will be a very high premium.

That being said, I'm with State Farm who has given me fairly decent rates over the years. But then again, I'm 33, married with 3 kids and an *almost* flawless record.

Good luck.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
328 Posts
Why don't you just insure the car under your dads name and you still can drive it with a license. But if you have an accident your insurance won't cover. BUt if you get pulled over by the cop nothing happens you won't get a ticket for no insurance because your car has insurance on it...Thats the way I did mine. I've been pulled over for speeding and he asked for insurance i just showed him the insurance papers with my dads name on there..he asked who this was i said my dad and he just said OK. For the first 3 years of driving your insurance rates are gonna be vveeeery high. My 3 years of driving experience will be complete in about 7 months. After that i will get insurance under my own name. Just be careful, if you get in an accident you gotta pay up, or if your close by your house just drive home real quick, tell your dad to get in the car and drive back... [:D] tahts what i did once..it was a little fender bender with my dad's car long time ago so i just drove home real quick ..my dad got in the car and i came back so we said my dad was driving and the insurance covered the damage [:D]

2003.5 6MT Sedan

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Why don't you just insure the car under your dads name and you still can drive it with a license. But if you have an accident your insurance won't cover. BUt if you get pulled over by the cop nothing happens you won't get a ticket for no insurance because your car has insurance on it...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ignore this suggestion.

If you hit me and you can't pay to fix my car, I swear to god I'll find out where you live and make life hell for you. Driving without coverage is mind numbingly idiotic. If you can't afford to insure a $40k sports coupe, you have no business owning one.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">or if your close by your house just drive home real quick, tell your dad to get in the car and drive back... tahts what i did once..it was a little fender bender with my dad's car long time ago so i just drove home real quick ..my dad got in the car and i came back so we said my dad was driving and the insurance covered the damage <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That's called Insurance Fraud. Not only is it illegal, but it's also a big part of why the rest of us have to pay so much. That your parents are stupid enough to allow all of this terrifies me. When I'm in charge, these are the sort of people that won't be allowed to breed.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Semi - I couldn't agree with you more !!

Hyeteck, I am sorry to say, but that is one of the most factitious and idiotic things I've ever heard. Check with any insurance company - its the CAR that's insured NOT the driver, however, the premiums are based on the primary driver's insurance "score" - an actuarially computed number that forecasts the likelihood of a particular driver causing damage in excess of the deductible.

For example, based on what you said (unless I completely misunderstood you) - if someone borrows a car from someone else and gets into an accident there is no insurance on the car. This is completely incorrect. The car is always covered whether the owner, primary listed driver, friend, thief, or anyone else in the world is driving the car.

The reason the cop did not do anything when you said it was your father's insurance is because that's Okay - you didn't sneak anything past the officer.

Anyway, PERSIANPLAYYAJOE - you can have the car listed under your father's name as long as its his name on the registration and he is the primary debtor (if the car is financed or leased) - you can be a cosigner. Additionally, your father would have to list himself as the primary driver. And I assure you that YOU WILL BE COVERED in the unfortunate occurrence of an accident. You may have to do some juggling around with naming primary drivers on the cars under the policy as most insurance companies require that if there are an equal number of cars to licensed drivers with the same last name at the same address - each driver is named primary on one vehicle.

Just to warn you though, this borders on committing insurance fraud because you are knowingly deceiving the insurance company to achieve favorable premiums and if you do get into an accident, and they determine that you are the primary driver, they will drop your father and he will then be forced into an assigned risk policy (the higher allowable rates).

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Semi doesn't need another person agreeing with him (wouldn't want his head swelling too big), but here it is. "You said it, bro." [bowdown]

·
Registered
328 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Hyeteck, I am sorry to say, but that is one of the most factitious and idiotic things I've ever heard. Check with any insurance company - its the CAR that's insured NOT the driver <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thats what i meant, the car is insured but my name isn't in the insurance as a primary driver, my dad's is. but if my name was in there too there is about another 1800 dollar increase. I can still drive the car but if i get in an accident and there is a police report that i was driving the car, the insurance will not cover the damages for me, it will cover for the other car but not for me because i was not under the insurance. If im not at fault then the other insurance company will fix my car cuz they don't care who was driving. This is exactly what our insurance agent told us.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
The reason the cop did not do anything when you said it was your father's insurance is because that's Okay - you didn't sneak anything past the officer.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I wasn't trying to sneak anything past the officer.

If you hit me and you can't pay to fix my car, I swear to god I'll find out where you live and make life hell for you. Driving without coverage is mind numbingly idiotic. If you can't afford to insure a $40k sports coupe, you have no business owning one.
Your only thinking one way Semi, if you try to make life hell for me, you think im just gonna sit back and watch you do it?...By the way its a $30k car for me...mine is a 6MT sedan with sunroof that costed 30,600 including tax and license and everything. In my opinion I don't think anyone could have ever gotten a better deal than that 4 months ago.

That's called Insurance Fraud. Not only is it illegal, but it's also a big part of why the rest of us have to pay so much. That your parents are stupid enough to allow all of this terrifies me. When I'm in charge, these are the sort of people that won't be allowed to breed.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Why can't you calmly answer back and just say that you don't agree to what i said instead of being a total asss with your comments [finger]. And if you think taht your insurance is going up cuz of me then fuk you, cuz there is nothing u can do to change it.

2003.5 6MT Sedan

·
Registered
818 Posts
16 year old with a 280 HP,$35-$38K car like this??

Can you spell.... F.U.N.E.R.A.L. ???

The insurance will be more than the car payments, unless of course, daddy is paying cash!!!

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero

·
Registered
818 Posts
O it's a Sedan.... 260 HP $30-$35K...Sorry....

·
Registered
818 Posts
Then again, I was right the first time!!

Got all confused after that little "Bird Flipping" exchange just before...

[boxing]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1CRAZMOFO

Got all confused after that little "Bird Flipping" exchange just before...
[boxing]
ha ha! you 1CRAZMOFO! [:D]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for your help and suggestions. I will take everything into consideration and try whatever I can do to fix this problem.

Thank You ALL, Joe

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I can still drive the car but if i get in an accident and there is a police report that i was driving the car, the insurance will not cover the damages for me, it will cover for the other car but not for me because i was not under the insurance.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If that's the case, it's only your moral fiber that concerns me.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Your only thinking one way Semi, if you try to make life hell for me, you think im just gonna sit back and watch you do it?...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It's a figure of speach meant to illustrate my fuming rage with people so careless and self centered that the property of others means nothing to them.

Such as the sea of illegal aliens driving down the street with no insurance that fuck up YOUR premiums when they hit you in Phoenix.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">By the way its a $30k car for me...mine is a 6MT sedan with sunroof that costed 30,600 including tax and license and everything. In my opinion I don't think anyone could have ever gotten a better deal than that 4 months ago.

You can pay $30k a year but you can't pay insurance? A $25k car would have been far more intelligent.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Why can't you calmly answer back and just say that you don't agree to what i said instead of being a total asss with your comments <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've been hit one too many times by uninsured ass holes that resulted in ME being financially impacted rather than the asshole that doesn't know how to drive.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">And if you think taht your insurance is going up cuz of me then fuk you, cuz there is nothing u can do to change it.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Which is why I question how your parents are raising you. By actually helping you defraud someone they only serve to support the mentality you clearly demonstrate by which others exist solely to provide you with priveledge. You have no sense of personal responsibility and your moral character is weak at best.

Fraud is a form of theft. You're no better than any other poor loser screwing other people to get by. You are supported and defended by this society on the condition that you can contribute and behave in the frame of certain rules that protect us from one another. When you brake those rules, you forfeit the safety provided to you.

·
Registered
818 Posts
OUCH!!!!!

BUT RIGHT ON...[rockon]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi:

Re the insurance. In Calif, leaving the sceen of an acident is better known as "hit and run", even if you return later on. This is at least a misdemeanor (can be a felony depending on the extent of damage/bodily injury), is an arrestable offense, and could result in jail time. That would be difficult to explain to a prospective insurer or future employer, especially the part about the possible insurance fraud.

6MT DP

·
Registered
230 Posts
That's right even if you return to the scene it's still considered a "hit and run" and would receive a summons (atleast in NY). I wonder what hyeteck's dad said when he 'returned' to the scene of the accident - - "Uhh I didn't realize i hit that car until I got home!?!?!?!?" I'm sure the owner understood - perhaps he offered to pay for all the damage.....lol [clown]

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
328 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Re the insurance. In Calif, leaving the sceen of an acident is better known as "hit and run", even if you return later on. This is at least a misdemeanor (can be a felony depending on the extent of damage/bodily injury), is an arrestable offense, and could result in jail time. That would be difficult to explain to a prospective insurer or future employer, especially the part about the possible insurance fraud.

i actually hit a parked pickup truck with my dad's pickup truck. I fell asleep at the wheel coming back from hockey practice because i was totally exhausted that day. I just drove home and the next day my dad drove back and left his cellphone number under the guys windshield wiper and everything worked out fine.

Hey Semi, doesn't matter what you say to me, If i can do something and get away with it then then im happy, why the fuk is it concerning you??? By the way, I AM getting insurance under MY name after my 3 years of driving experience is concluded which will occur in a couple of months. If ive been able to get away with it for 2.5 years i don't see why i can't for another 6 months.

2003.5 6MT Sedan

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

1 - 20 of 35 Posts