Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Infinity dealer just told me I needed a new "parcel shelf motor", at $2700 part + install labor.

I found where I can buy it online for (only) $1900 shipped. Not sure if they will install my part though.

Questions:
1) Has anyone dealt with this? What is the best thing to do?

2) Can the top be "manually operated"? I saw a hint to this somewhere, but can't find the procedure. I could easily install the part myself, but without plugging into the computer and overriding the safety switches, etc, there's no way to cycle the top up or down.

Help, Please!

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Post a part # or link to what it is and I can help you search it. A body shop might be a good alternative to doing the work if you find the part at a reasonable price and install is beyond the scope of DIY.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
The only thing I came up with is the sun roof motor.

My guess is a drop top motor is likely a strong market for refurb or rebuilt. I'd do some research before investing that much dough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have kinda the same issue ,
stealership quotes 4k plus!!!! for work and part
a bracket broke on mine
the entire 3 motors and shelf must be ordered not available separately
I spoke to the techs and thats what it is , my coverage won't cover because its a bracket not a motor hence physical damage ...!!!
^%$#(*&^%$#[email protected]#$% [email protected]#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$##$^&^#@#$%^^%$#
anyhow I just received a deal 400 from a dismantler but haven't figured out next step.
1. contact stealership , nissan possibly cheaper /
I might seek someone that has a console 2 < nissans/ infiniti diagnosis computer that can diagnose the entire system and run it section by section ..
anyhow thats where I'm at
top up and its lovely summer in CALI ,,, shame .....im closer though ,,, reach me if you found something else
heres the part
Infiniti USA eStore

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,487 Posts
i get it now, it's a motor to raise and lower the top. I'd go with a used motor and part but I don't know how to remove and replace it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts