Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
does everyone carry a gun??? jesus i thought about getting one but shit didnt know everyone else did and is anyone else worried about gils comment ?? lol
If you're carrying in such a way that someone knows you're (attempting to) CC, you're doing it wrong.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
^^^good point about the revolver...for my CC class we shot auto Ruger 22's, they were provided.

Holy crap, some people can't shoot to save there life! I swear they almost missed the paper target at 6 ft! With a 22!
At least they made it to the range... This one old guy who was part of my class just had to shoot to qualify to renew his license. Despite the group of us going to the range in a caravan of 8 or so cars and him in the middle, he got lost. He finally got to the range as everyone else was finishing up.

·
Registered
23,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I was thinking about going this route for my first CC and then get a cheap Mossburg 12ga for home protection. Nothing would make me turn tail and run faster than hearing someone chamber a round in a shotgun if i was breaking into a house..
I went to Cabellas tonight and browsed through their gun selection just to see what they have available. I am also about 1/2 and hour away from the Smith & Wesson factory and the rumor is that as long as you have a valid permit you can rent any one of their guns to use on their range (not sure how true that is but worth checking out).
It is really kinda confusing because there are so many different types of pistols out there and some just have minor tweaks between models. I don't want to invest a ton of money into a gun that I don't like or doesn't suit my purpose..

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
^^^good point about the revolver...for my CC class we shot auto Ruger 22's, they were provided.

Holy crap, some people can't shoot to save there life! I swear they almost missed the paper target at 6 ft! With a 22!
I was at the range one time qualifying for the Sheriff Office and this lady deputy was hitting the dirt about halfway to the 50 foot target! It made me sick to think she might have to back me up some day!

·
Registered
23,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I was at the range one time qualifying for the Sheriff Office and this lady deputy was hitting the dirt about halfway to the 50 foot target! It made me sick to think she might have to back me up some day!
as long as she was backing you up at 25ft or less you should be fine...

·
Registered
50,074 Posts

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
i think i might stay on this forum just cause they have a gun thread.. wish come true.. do we have a shooting dummy also ? that will be great

41 - 60 of 375 Posts