Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

321 - 340 of 375 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
I think recent stats said the average rounds fired in most crimes are 3 or less,
less than 2 % of any crimes involve use of a gun that was purchased legally by the user and long arms rate very low as a percent of use in criminal activity (deadly shootings).

This was in a recent tv interview so I did not cite the source as I normally do whenever possible.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
I'm sure there are numbers to support it... It's a big fraud. Gun control is the end goal, and it's being pushed by the government. I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but all the fingers are pointed at the US of A. Look at the comparisons of what happened in the formation of the USSR vs what's happening in the US today. We're having a massive homeland security/police buildup, and yet our freedoms are being stripped. Makes ya wonder... Or mad.

DHS has bought millions of rounds of ammunition in the last several months, While some politicians are pushing horse sh** that would put a limited shelf life on Ammo.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
DHS has bought millions of rounds of ammunition in the last several months, While some politicians are pushing horse sh** that would put a limited shelf life on Ammo.
Yeah ,, I have a co-worker off per medical leave now but he's a big gun guy. He talks with ammo suppliers all the time and they are selling out of stock on lots of stuff that are huge overseas orders.

He thinks or was told that it may be our own gov'mt buying it up to kill the supply or as you say, maybe an off the radar avenue for Homeland Security or some other group.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I have been getting calls from 1-702-430-3191 about 4 times a day for the last 2 weeks. I answered the phone about 5 times, asked for the supervisor requesting to have my number removed from the call list. On that last call, I advised them it would be in their best interest not to hassle me as I work for Verizon and could easily find their location. I then proceeded saying that all the recent shootings were on my mind and that he should not involve his employees to a mass murder.

That was yesterday morning, have not received 1 phone call since.

·
Super Moderator
27,333 Posts
I think recent stats said the average rounds fired in most crimes are 3 or less,
less than 2 % of any crimes involve use of a gun that was purchased legally by the user and long arms rate very low as a percent of use in criminal activity (deadly shootings).

This was in a recent tv interview so I did not cite the source as I normally do whenever possible.
their argument though is that it will stop the mass murders...which are few and far between. they seem to forget practically all murders happen one or two at a time. no one cares about those people.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Or the fact the majority of murders are committed with a pistol, or that a small percentage of murders are committed with a gun licensed to the murderer...

We should background check people before letting them drive, pick up any object, or even walk out their front door, using their logic.

How do you background check the person who is going to steal a firearm?

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
Back from SHOT Show.

Visited DTA and a ton of others. I actually covered about 90% of the floor which is way way more than I did last year.

I have to say that the neatest stuff is always in the outer rooms and downstairs on the 1st floor.

321 - 340 of 375 Posts