Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the Injen CAI installed on my sedan which has the full body kit. As you can see in the photo below, the filter sits behind the closed off bumper area:

I think my best solution would be to remove the black part of the bumper and replace it with a custom plastic or metal grille similar to the one on Stillen's Coupe shown here:

Of course I'd paint it black so it would stand out less (I don't particularly like the way it looks on that car).

Has anyone else run across this problem or have a simple solution? Can you suggest anyone to do this type of work? Anyone already selling a part like this?

Any advice or suggestion is welcome. Thanks in advance!

<font size="1">'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav</font id="size1">

·
Registered
68 Posts
lead, i wrote you a while back asking about your 17x8 rims. what offset did you use???

I am thing 35 mm, is that what you used?

and with 255/45's how far out to the tires stick? any rubbing on the suspension?

2003.5 Sedan Leather 6MT Metal Matrix Pads, K&N Drop-In, Exhaust Resonator Removed

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G35S6MT

lead, i wrote you a while back asking about your 17x8 rims. what offset did you use???

I am thing 35 mm, is that what you used?

and with 255/45's how far out to the tires stick? any rubbing on the suspension?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hey man, sorry, I must have gotten distracted and forgot. I think the offset is actually 40. If our bolt pattern is 5-114.3 (which I'm almost positive it is) then the offset is 40mm.

The tires don't stick out far at all (they don't look pimp or out of place) and I haven't had any rubbing anywhere.

Hope that helps.

Here's a picture that might help.

<font size="1">'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav</font id="size1">

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I believe that The One (1crazmofo) is getting the lower grills on his car. Maybe he can show you some pics so you can decide if it will be to your liking. I understand your want for more airflow though. Another thing... why not just have nothing there?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts