Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends brother just called me today saying the folowing "I just found you a: 6spd Coupe, Red w/ willow interior, Nav, Prem, Aero, and chrome wheels, with 8K on the odometer for only 32K with .9% APR." The only problem is i dont have enough to put on the downpayment so i wont be able to pay the monthly fees, as Im only 18 and a student. I need to ask my dad for about 2.5 to 3K to help me in the downpayment. Any adive from those who might have been in my situation. I will be able to get the car within the week but i really need to persuade my dad into this. Any help is greatfully appreciated!! [bowdown]

2003 G35C / 6mt / DG & Willow Leather / Nav / Premium / Aero / ETA 5 Months

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Sounds like a good deal, but don't forget you will need to pay for insurance also. If you're only 18, it's gonna be high... so if you can't afford the monthly payments as well as the insurance, don't do it.

My 2 cents.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dad will pay the insurance he said all i am paying for is the car. thanks for ur input

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
bizz,

You have a sedan, right? There's a big difference in pricing between the sedan and the coupe. Not a huge difference in MSRP, but supply/demand has made it much easier to negotiate on a sedan, thus getting a better price.

-Ken

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Heres how I got my dad to do it. I was delivering pizza in a 96 dodge ram that I had since I was 16. So needless to say, It was a piece of sh*t, and drank gas like crazy. One day I decided that I wanted a new delivery vehicle, and I was going to pay for it. I picked a WRX, told my dad about it, and he came with me to look at it one day. After we left the lot he told me that the WRX is an ugly car and that I should get something "sexier". He even said he would help me pay for it. I asked what kind of price range we were talking about. He said around 35k. Then I said "it would look pretty stupid driving around in a 35k car with a pizza delivery sign on top". A few minutes later he came up with a deal for me, quit my job, and he will pay me more than what I made delivering pizza, and buy my car, my end of the deal is just to finish school.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
You gotta love "dad", eh? [thumbup]

Do him right and finish school... but don't just finish, put the work in and learn something. Otherwise, it's a big "f-you" to dear old dad. Sorry if this sounds a bit preachy... don't mean for it to come across that way.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Listen to Kloh...You might learn something....[grad]

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero/Prem

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I'm doing my best. I never was great at school, but I finaly found something I like. Flying airplanes!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by sav505

I'm doing my best.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I'm sure that's all dad asks.

If I'm not mistaken, I think we've got some other pilots on this board too! [thumbup]

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thankx for all your replies guys, I just picked my dad up from the airport and told him the news on the car. He said he has been so proud of me that i gave up a chance to go to turkey and instead worked and took care of the house by my self that he is gonna help me. He also talked to me about school and gettin good grades for my self and not just him. Well it seems I will be driving around in the coupe within a few short weeks. Sure as hell beats having to wait till december and buying the car!!! You've gotta love your parents[bowdown][bowdown] [thmsup]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Looks like you'll need to change your sig, Fwabs. [thmsup]

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Fwabs

You've gotta love your parents[bowdown][bowdown] [thmsup]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It sounds like you have parents who are really good to you, and it is good that you respect them for that. Congratulations.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts